Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > More topics...when organizing printables...    

More topics...when organizing printables...

Pinky Makus
Canada

More topics...when organizing printables...

I just noticed that there are over 1000 screen pages of printables in the Other Printables section.  What other topics can we add (besides Literature) to better organize those printables?

If you have time, please go through some of the Other Printables (bottom right hand corner of your screen) and see if there is a pattern of what gets sent there.  Maybe we can come up with some ideas.

Pinky

28 Feb 2009      

SusanBrown
Netherlands

Yes, that is what I am talking about... 1000 pages...you see it is impossible to look at all of them to searching for LITERATURE on them...or other topic...too many...pages..if it was separaTED maybe we could find faster what we are looking for..Smile

28 Feb 2009     

eng789
Israel

I also need reading comprehension and literature. 
What frustrates me the most that people don �t write the name or topic of the piece in the description, so you have to click it to see if you might want it.  It takes so much time looking for things.

It would help if people wrote in the description:
                                                    1.  the topic
                                                    2.  true level of difficulty,
                                                    3.  how many pages,
                                                    4. if there is mother tongue in the work
                                                    5. if it contains some kind of activity (it �s not just a text)
                                                    6.  (I would prefer comprehension pages that didn �t include grammar exercises-  but that´s my own personal preference)

*  there is some excellent stuff in the archives,  but it takes hours to sift through it.                     

Barbara

28 Feb 2009     

eng789
Israel

The HOLIDAYS - category also needs some sorting out.

I was looking for something on Purim (which is next week) and found:

HOLIDAYS - AS IN VACATIONS, TRAVEL, POSTCARDS  wss

and

HOLIDAYS - AS IN CELEBRATIONS, FESTIVALS, HOLY- DAYS  wss

28 Feb 2009     

freddie
Canada

Hi everyone! Hope you are having a happy weekend!!!!

I just had a quick look at the other printables and I noticed A LOT of them are grammar topics that already have a category (word order, gerunds, modals,etc). I think we need to ask members to update their printables and make sure they are in the correct category. Or maybe send PMs or comments to the member asking politely that in order to make worksheets easier to find would they mind updating the category. What do you think? 

28 Feb 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Sending private messages may be an idea.  Some worksheets are so old people have probably forgot how they were filed in the first place.

28 Feb 2009