Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Return to work    

Return to work

pepelie
United Kingdom

Return to work

Hello there,

On Feb 29th I �m returning to work after being on maternity leave. I need some ideas for what to do with my classes as a first get to know you lesson. They are being taught by other people at the minute and I will take over. I need ideas for year 6 (11/12 year olds) and  year 8 (13/14 year olds). Thanks in advance.

16 Feb 2016      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi Pepelie,

I like this little lady �s ideas for ice breakers/getting to know you activities. All the best with your return to work.
Lynne 
Edit: An alternative - particularly if you have big classes and the behaviour might not be perfect - is to do some ground work around the class rules. A match-up the sentence parts ... a match up the rule with the reason for it... This kind of thing. An acrostic poem with RESPECT...

17 Feb 2016     

Mariethe House
France

I like Graham Dixon �s advice on how to walk into a classroom afresh ... whether you �re starting after a long interruption or starting a new day :

17 Feb 2016