Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Games    

Games

Lena68
Portugal

Games

I �m teacher of English in Portugal at Primary School - ages 6 to 12 years old- and I need some games to do with my students in the classroom, if anyone have or know games for do in the classroom let me know.

Thanks

28 Feb 2009      

ants
Switzerland

Hi Lena,

I can highly recommend 

Check it out and look at some games on that site.

I �ve tried some of them and the small game cards are
a great success....and help get students speaking!!

I now combine the worksheets from here and the
games from that site and all my kids are
really making excellent progress!! Smile

Have a nice weekend. Thumbs Up

28 Feb 2009     

nebo_Londona
Russian Federation

http://www.esl-kids.com/eslgames/eslgames2.html

28 Feb 2009     

urpillay
Spain

Hi Lena,
I would like to contribute with some game ideas.
- Countries: it is very easy, you only need a ball and the students have to choose a country. Then, one student stands in front of the rest and bounces the ball while saying for example: "China throws the ball to France". The student who is France has to run to catch. The other students have to run. When the French student catches the ball he/she shouts "Stop" and the others have to stop. The student with the ball can go forward three steps to hit another country with the ball. If he/she hits somebody with the ball, that student is eliminated. This game have been adapted from a Spanish one.
- Simon Says game with funny actions like: "act as a monkey", "find something green", "dance flamenco", "jump as a kangaroo", "touch your knee with your nose"...
Another game which worked really well in my classes was Going Shopping 2 http://www.the-bus-stop.net/games.html for practising vocabulary and have got.
I hope these games are useful for you!!
Have a great weekend!
INMA ALC�ZAR

28 Feb 2009