Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Teenage routines    

Teenage routines

maria laura
Argentina

Teenage routines

Hello colleagues, I was just looking for information about the daily routine of teenagers in different countries. I want to prepare some material for my secondary school students where they not only learn some structural aspects of the foreign language, but  could also reflect on how boys and girls of their age live in different parts of the world. Would you help me with info or just suggest some sites where I could get it? Thanks in advance. 

2 Apr 2016      

georginasantanna
Portugal

Hi Maria,

In Portugal most teenagers have school in the morning and afternoon. Classes usually start at 8.30 and end 13.20 and the if they have classes in the afternoon they usually start at 14.30 or 15.30 and end at 18.30.
But this is not always the case, they don �t always have classes in the afternoon and then there are students who have lessons in the afternoon and maybe one or two mornings.
Portuguese teenagers love playing computer games and sending text messages on their mobile phones.
Many of them have extracurricular activities, like sport or something art-related. Others have private lessons to study for those subjects where they have more difficulties.
Most teenagers have a TV set in their bedrooms or their own computer and this is not a very good thing because they go to bed very late, sleep little and this reflects in their school work.
They �re usually quite lively and talkative and talk a lot in class even when this becomes disruptive.
Girls love going to shopping centres just to do some windowshopping and boys like playing football or basketball.

I hope I may have been of some help.

Georgina 

3 Apr 2016     

oxXSABXxo
Germany

In France, teens have school from 8:00 to 12:00 on the morning and the afternoon from 13:30 to 16:30 / 17:30. (A lesson lasts approximately 50 minutes)
Here you can find some info about a typical German school day.
Hope it helps you a bit!
Abigail Kohnlein.

PS: It isn �t about teens but maybe can this booklet be of�some interests for you!

3 Apr 2016     

Minka
Slovenia

Many of my students get up at six o �clock (10 - 15 yrs old), most of them between 6 and 6.30.
We start school at 7.30.
We have a small snack at 9.05. Some kids have breakfast at home, but many skip that.
They can have lunch (a hot meal) at school as well, that would be between 11.50 an 1 o�clock.  
The children have 5 - 7 lessons a day. The fifth lesson ends at 11.50, the sixth ends at 12.40. That �s when most things finish. 
But the older ones may have elective subjects after that, such as Italian, German, computing, genetics, dancing, beekeeping, sports and more. 
Those kids finish at 1.40.
Most kids at our school come to school by bus. 
In the afternoon, many go to music school to learn an instrument such as the piano, guitar,cello, saxophone, harp etc. That takes two to five afternoons, from one to two hours and a half at one time. Some take private lessons and sometimes they are less extensive-
Many others play sports, either just for fun or in a more competitive way. There are kids who play basketball, football or another sport from twice to five times a week, depending on how competitive or ambitious they are. The same goes for other sports as well as ballet and other activities.
And, of course, there are children who have fun in the afternoon and not play a sport or an instrument. And since we live in a rural area, there are also those who can already do a lot of work on the farms and in the vineyards.
The children who don �t have lunch at school, have it at home with their families some time between one and three o �clock, depending on when their parents come from work. In some cases, grandma cooks their lunch. It �s not unusual for three generations  to live in one household or close to each other. Dinner time: around seven p.m. 

Hope this helps, bye 

Minka 

3 Apr 2016     

alien boy
Japan

Some info on Australian teens:

Cheers,
AB 

3 Apr 2016