Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > looking for help    

looking for help

mametmidou
Algeria

looking for help

could you please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been looking for a short text or a paragraph in which a teenager is talking about his love for the internet and complaining about his parents opposition  

4 Apr 2016      

georginasantanna
Portugal

Hi!

Here goes a short text that I invented myself after trying to find something in the many books I have to no avail:

Hi all!
My name is Adam and I am 15 years old.
I live in Edinburgh in Scotland.
I go to school every day but the most interesting part of my day comes after school.
I have a laptop in my room and when I come home from school I go to my room and do what I like best - surfing the Net.
I think the Web is the best thing that could possibly have been invented because you can do virtually everything with it.
I can look for information, watch a film or TV show, listen to my favourite music and even chat with my friends - all that in the comfort of my room.
But not everything is perfect! My parents don �t like the fact that | spend so much time on the internet. They say that it is dangerous and that I can become addicted to it and they don �t want me to use it for such a long time but I think it �s all nonsense. They �re just old-fashioned, that �s it!

I hope this may be of some help. You can obviously improve it!

Georgina 

4 Apr 2016     

redcamarocruiser
United States

I love Georgina �s text.

Here is a thread discussing the right age for a child to get his own computer. It may hava a couple of adaptable ideas. http://absolutewrite.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-208859.html 

4 Apr 2016