Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > A strong pupil    

A strong pupil

debbiem
Israel

A strong pupil

Hi, 
I have a very strong pupil studying in my English group in the 7th grade. He does not complain and does his work, however,  his parents approached me very kindly asking me to challenge him. His mother told me that he loves to create games. That sounded interesting and new to me. Do you have any ideas how I can challenge him in this area?   

5 Apr 2016      

yaarob
Israel

Make him prepare a creative game for the rest of the class:)

5 Apr 2016     

Tapioca
United Kingdom

Hi Debbie,

Does he create computer games or board games? Computer games might be harder to use in class?

Start with something simple like a picture/vocabulary matching game or a crossword and see how he manages with designing something like that first.

Tap

-------------------------

"Make him prepare a creative game for the rest of the class:)"

.....or just ask him nicely?
Can you tell I �ve been teaching causatives?

5 Apr 2016     

debbiem
Israel

He is into creating board games. 

5 Apr 2016     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I had a very strong pupil once.(9 years)  Besides creating games, he created detective short stories. He choose a character, gave him a name and he was the detective who solved several mysteries. Then he ilustrated the stories. An other thing he loved doing was making exercises: questions true or false and questions about a text. Even verb exercises he made. 

5 Apr 2016     

oxXSABXxo
Germany

Do you know the "You �re the hero" stories? You know, those stories in which you can find sentences such as:
"You are in front of a cavern. Do you...
- enter in it? Go page 14.
- try to see what �s in it before entering? Go page 10.
- continue walking as if you �ve never seen it? Go page 17."
Maybe can he create one? That can be a nice idea!

Or perhaps can he create a card game? Not something that big but just.. I don �t know.. he may write the descriptions of the characters use in the game (like in the Cluedo)?
Abigail.

---------------------------------------------
Can you tell I ´ve been teaching causatives?
What I can tell sweat Tapioca is that I �ve missed you and your sense of humor!  Where have you been all this time my dear?

5 Apr 2016     

debbiem
Israel

Thanks for your ideas. I will check with him and see what he thinks.

5 Apr 2016     

Minka
Slovenia

I try to organize a Skype chat sometimes with students from aother part of the world. If you give a task (what to find out about that student/class ...) that can be quite challenging and still exciting. And he could present that to the rest of the class.

5 Apr 2016