Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > sharing    

sharing

jamiejules
France

sharing

Unhappythis site is obviously for us all to share our ideas and work. so, what annoys me is that some people once they become premium members do not bother creating material for months. Ok some people are not as creative as others but surely everyone can create a least a decent "uploadable" ws every two months??
That �s what I think anyway. we are supposed to SHARE not take and take and take
Am i alone in thinking this way?

1 Mar 2009      

sarahgriffin
Ireland

I agree with your idea but for a different reason

I always find it strange that people may do that, because as an english teacher, I love to get help with my resources, but I love nothing more than to create my own.  I cant understand why a person would not want to create their own material, unless they are too lazy to do so.  And if there �s one thing a good teacher should not be ... it �s lazy!!

1 Mar 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Hi there, that may be true for some, maybe many members..I don �t know

But please remember that everyone �s teaching situation is different! I know my teaching situation has changed a lot in the last two weeks and I am now teaching CAE and FCE courses online which is taking incredible amounts of time in prep, teaching and then replying to everyone �s questions! Being on call 7 days a week constantly throughout the day as well..(And only getting paid for a tiny fraction of the time that it is actually taking I might add!!!) We are also using set course/text books too. Then I have pensioner groups etc...
Also my materials I have been making and using in class I have sourced from the internet and various grammar sites so I can �t upload them here as my own, even though I have adapted them to my class they are essentially still mainly from somewhere else...
I know that it is about sharing, and I know that once I find my feet in my new role I will be contributing more again and creating my own original work... but for now my main priority is learning as much as I can about ESL teaching, especially in my knowledge of all the grammar points and I am just trying to keep my head above water!
I WANT to contribute more but my situation at the MOMENT dictates that I cannot. And I am not going to make worksheets just for the sake of it, (does anyone actually have time for that???) Worksheets I make need to be relevant to what I am doing with my current groups. And unfortunately out of all the worksheets that I have made recently NONE would be suitable to contribute because of the heavy use and references from other web based sources.
So please don �t judge us all that are not current contributors, I am not lazy, I am incredibly hard working and rather stressed at the moment. I really miss having the time to create something unique and original and I am looking forward to when I can create more!

1 Mar 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Hi Cheezels:

I am in the same position as you.  I have been so busy, I haven �t had time to breathe.  I check in once in a while to see what is happening, but in the last month or so I have had no time to upload.  I have just uploaded something today, but it was something I needed for one of my classes.  Don �t feel bad about not contributing, you have been a very active and useful member in more ways than one.  When you have the time send something in, that �s all.  Take care.  

Saragriffin, some teachers teach many classes during one week, and not all the same level, so preparation time is extensive.   It is not a question of laziness but a question of time.Smile

1 Mar 2009     

meuge
Argentina

I must tell that I agree quite a lot with cheezels... I teach at a secondary school...have 12 different courses to teach... we are starting classes next week.. You could ask yourselves why didn �t I contribute with a pile a worksheets lately.... mainly because I took my holidays seriously... I was quite stressed.... I have four children to raise at home (14, 12, 4 and 2 years old!) ... I told to myself that I was going to spend more time with them and less time at the pc... The tiny amount of time I was here was just to browse the site and to keep in touch with this fantastic community, my friends!!!
I hope and want to have more time to create and share my work with you... I am really looking forward to that!!!

Hugs!!!
M. Eugenia

1 Mar 2009     

arkel
Ireland

I agree entirely with cheezels, giovanni and meuge. I couldn �t even begin to tell you all the work I have as, apart from my business and home, I run the Cambridgeesol exams here from Starters to Proficiency. I have a ws today because, like giovanni, I did it for one of my classes tomorrow. I am definitely not lazy!

1 Mar 2009     

jamiejules
France

sorry guys I never implied you were being lazy! I was just feeling a bit down because some people seemed to never upload anything. my comments were never meant for people who do not have the time anymore or for a while. the thing is there thousands of members here and if you have a look as soon as they reach the golden 30 points they won �t contribute anymore. Sorry for the misunderstanding

you guys take care, by the way I love this community

1 Mar 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

Hi,

Some time ago I explained my situation: I prepare very simple material based on the topics my students need to practice: no background, pictures, much creativity.
Being a private teacher covering all levels, I find it hard to do something different, BUT every time I have an idea and the time to develop it, I do and share it here.

I try to be selective and upload what I think may be original or of some interest. I see no point in uploading many simple/similar worksheets  just f for the sake of sharing.

Have a couple of things in process so I will be uploading any moment.

1 Mar 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

For similar reasons to those advanced above, I haven �t been able to contribute  at all recently:
very heavy workload, tones of papers to grade, preparations of very different teaching materials because of the very different needs, sometimes  I cannot find what I need here.... add to that the family life, a wife and two children who  do complain as their father is always on his PC

But is it really a problem, dear Jamiejules????

I don �t really think so
I can �t follow you when you say some members stop contributing, once they have become premium members. Do you have any evidence for that???

We have been complaining recently as to the huge quantity of worksheets uploaded everyday... (see the different  replies to VICTOR �s post on limiting uploaded worksheets) What if every member contributed 2 or 3 worksheets everyday, which we cannot do, hopefully????
The server will not be able to follow, let alone the members!

Brahim

1 Mar 2009     

Mariethe House
France

"We have been complaining recently as to the huge quantity of worksheets uploaded everyday... (see the different  replies to VICTOR �s post on limiting uploaded worksheets)"

I agree with you Brahim....... Moreover it gives me an extra chance to be downloaded if all

these super  eslprintable makers have a rest from time to time!!

Have a good week!

Hope you will all be thinking of me tomorrow 11.00 am ! I am being inspected!

Marieth�

1 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

Marieth� - Good luck tomorrow. 

1 Mar 2009     

1    2    Next >