Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help plzz    

Help plzz

caren_630
Egypt

Help plzz

Choose:

I have just remembered, I �ve got an important meeting, so I (am leaving - left - will leave - have left) right now.

Is "Will leave" the correct answer because it is on the spot decision? 
Can "am leaving" be a possible answer as well? If yes, why?

Thx a lot, 

3 May 2016      

athalla trie
Indonesia

in my opinion..."am leaving" also can be because it is kind of what you are you doing at that time. so "am leaving" and "right now" is connective to present progressive/continuous.
��

4 May 2016     

douglas
United States

Both can be used, but in my opinion "am leaving" is the better choice.  You are in the process of leaving (also,  "now" usually triggers the present continuous).

4 May 2016     

caren_630
Egypt

Thank you Douglas and athalla trie.

4 May 2016     

yanogator
United States

I agree with Douglas and his reasoning. "I will leave now" is technically correct, but it doesn �t sound quite natural, so I would say "I �m leaving now". At the moment you make the decision, before you do anything, you could say "I will leave right now", but I can �t picture myself saying it, even in that situation.

Bruce 

4 May 2016     

caren_630
Egypt

Thanks Bruce

4 May 2016