Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > School subjects    

School subjects

alducha72
Portugal

School subjects

Hello! I need a bit of help with the translation of two subjects of the Portuguese system. 
How would you translate "Direção de Turma" and "Formação Pessoal e Social" ?

Thank you
Alducha72 

10 May 2016      

SVieira
Portugal

For "Direção de Turma" I �d say "Class Tutoring" ("Diretor/a de Turma" would be the "Class Tutor" - that is the way I usually refer to whoever plays this role)) and for "Formação Pessoal e Social" I �d suggest something related to development and / or to citizenship - "Personal Development and Social Citizenship" or just "Personal and Social Citizenship"...
But wait for further suggestions - some od our colleagues might come up with other alternatives you might want to consider.

Sandra

10 May 2016     

FrauSue
France

In Britain we have something called "tutor group" which is when your class meet with their tutor to discuss general issues related to school life. It �s an administrative and pastoral class rather than anything academic. Would that fit for your first example?
"PSHE" is personal, social and health education. It �s related to "Citizenship" but isn �t quite the same. 

11 May 2016     

alducha72
Portugal

Thank you!!

13 May 2016