Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > will?    

will?

customer
Italy

will?

Hello dear colleagues,

I am marking tests and I was wondering...

- I think Kate Winslet � ll win an Oscar. 

- In 2030 people �ll fly to school. 
Can I use the contracted form of Will in these examples? It doesn �t sound good to me, it �s  difficult to pronounce... 

Thanks for your help,
Chiara 

16 May 2016      

maretha trie
Indonesia

as I know that kind of will ( �ll) is only for subject pronoun. It should be in front of sentences.

example : She �ll buy a new bike.
                   He �ll go to Europa for holiday.
                   etc.

That �s all my opinion.
Thanks.

16 May 2016     

Gi2gi
Georgia

people �ll, Winslet �ll really sounds weird, as Maretha said, the contracted forms usually appear with personal pronouns and more rarely in phrases like who �ll, there �ll ... Using the contraction with nouns is definitely weird.�

16 May 2016     

customer
Italy

Yes, definitely. Thanks a lot to both of you!

16 May 2016     

yanogator
United States

To add a little to what the others have said, although the �ll is used in speech with just about any noun or pronoun, it really isn �t used in writing except with personal pronouns. As Giorgi says, it is used more rarely with words like "who" and "there", and really should only be used then (in writing) when indicating what someone is saying.

Bruce 

16 May 2016