Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Do you mind helping me to understand this short text, please ?    

Do you mind helping me to understand this short text, please ?

maryse pey�
France

Do you mind helping me to understand this short text, please ?

Hi all,

May some Spanish or Spanish-speaking friend help me in translating it in English ? There are too many words I do not know or understand.

Many many thanks for your precious help.

Maryse.

��Si nuestra amistad depende de cosas como el espacio y el tiempo, entonces, cuando por fin superemos el espacio y el tiempo, habremos destruido nuestra propia hermandad! Pero supera el espacio, y nos quedar� s�lo un Aqu�. Supera el tiempo, y nos quedar� s�lo un Ahora. Y entre el Aqu� y el Ahora, �no crees que podremos volver a vernos un par de veces?�

25 May 2016      

georginasantanna
Portugal

If our friendship depends upon things like space and time, then, when we finally surpass space and time we will have destroyed our own brotherhood! But surpass space and we will only be here. Surpass time and there will only be now. And between Here and Now, don �t you think we can see each other again a couple of times

I think this a somewhat accurate translation of the text but maybe a Spanish speaking coleage will be more helpful!

Georgina 

25 May 2016     

yanogator
United States

With my limited Spanish abilities, I �d like to suggest a few changes to Georgina �s suggestion. You didn �t deal directly with "quedará", so I �ll suggest "Surpass space and only a Here will be left to us (or will remain for us). Surpass time and only a Now will be left to us."
I would also translate "volver" more literally in the last sentence (although "again" isn �t bad) to get, "And between the Here and the Now, don �t you think we can come back to see each other a couple of times?"

Please, would some native Spanish-speaker help us out here?

Bruce 

26 May 2016     

AntonellaNievas
Argentina

Hi there!

I �m from Argentina and my mother tongue is Spanish.

Georgina translated the text very well and Bruce is right with his suggestions 

Maryse, the accurate translation of your short text would be like this: 

" If our friendship depends upon things like space and time, then, when we finally get over space and time, we will have

destroyed our own brotherhood! But get over space and only a Here will remain for us. Get over time and only a Now will remain

for us. And between the Here and Now, don �t you believe that we can see each other again a couple of times?

"Surpass" in English is not the same as "superar" in Spanish although they seem to have the same meaning.

Superar= get over

I hope to help you!

Warm Regards! 

Antonella 

26 May 2016     

zerosc5
Peru

Hello Everyone!

I �m from peru and my mother tongue is Spanish, too.

AntonellaNievas is right; However I suggest that you use "Think" instead of BELIEVE (last line)
in this context:
"I think" is a statement of my assumptions.

That �s all.
Best regards. 

Diego Castillo. 

28 May 2016