Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > prefare to eat / eating / eat     

prefare to eat / eating / eat

Aliona R
Ukraine

prefare to eat / eating / eat

Dear teachers) pleace, help me))) I �m really confused!!! Wich is correct??? Ann prefares to eat / eating/ eat pizza, not chips.

27 May 2016      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Ann prefers to eat/Ann prefers eating: both OK.

27 May 2016     

Aliona R
Ukraine

Thanks a lot but I need to choose in the test only one more suitable) would you kind to help me with this, as a native speaker 🙏

27 May 2016     

yanogator
United States

Your request is impossible, because, as Lynne said, both "to eat" and "eating" are correct and common after "prefers". If you are forced to choose one, I would go with "to eat", because I think it is a little more common, at least in the US.

Bruce 

27 May 2016     

georginasantanna
Portugal

I don �t know if I can help much after all the answers you got from native speakers but when I was learning English I was taught that prefer was followed by to+infinitive and that is what I have been teaching to my students, although both options sound correct to my ear.
If I had to choose I would choose "prefer to". 

27 May 2016     

Aliona R
Ukraine

Thank you so much)) You helped me a lot))

28 May 2016