Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > question to native speakers    

question to native speakers

spied-d-aignel
France

question to native speakers

Hi  to you all native speakers, just a little question  as I am working on a worksheet about things  you must or mustn �t do at home( trying to squeeze things as our school year is coming to an end and I think there are plenty of things I didn �t  have time to study) Anyway would it be correct for me to entitle it : THE DOES AND DON �TS AT HOME. Thanks for your answer, hugs Sylvie

30 May 2016      

almaz
United Kingdom

I favour "dos and don�ts". Some prefer "do�s and don�ts". Whatever the personal preference is, I doubt if there are many educated native speakers who would opt for "does".

30 May 2016     

yanogator
United States

I agree with Alex. I think do �s and don �ts is more common than dos and don �ts, partly because "dos" looks too much like the Spanish word for 2.

Bruce 

30 May 2016     

Jayho
Australia

Agreed

In my neck of the woods, Do�s and Don�ts is used

30 May 2016     

spied-d-aignel
France

Thanks  for your answers dear all, I will choose the option  DO �S with apostrophe and if you  want to change you will be free to do so, Hugs from  Normandy on a nice winter day!!!!!!Sylvie

31 May 2016