Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What are you reading at the moment?    

What are you reading at the moment?

Jayho
Australia

What are you reading at the moment?

Hi everyone

We have just started a new month so I thought I �d ask you what you are reading at the moment.

I recently finished The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini which I really enjoyed and today I started  Candide by Voltaire, which is a hoot and very entertaining, and which I hope to finish by tomorrow because it is only 90 pages and easy to read.

Cheers

Jayho

4 Jun 2016      

margaserranoflo
Spain

I �m reading "A thousand splendid suns"  also by khaled Hosseini and I really love it.

4 Jun 2016     

EstherLee76
Peru

I �m reading "Black Beauty".   It �s delightful.

4 Jun 2016     

almaz
United Kingdom

I�ve just replied to something you posted earlier and I mentioned an Australian author. Well, the novel I�m currently reading is �Dead Point� by Peter Temple (for indeed it is he). Superbly spare dialogue and wit.

4 Jun 2016     

jean-in-japan
Japan

I �m reading Burial Rites, a novel by an Australian author about Iceland in the 1820s.  After just having read about slaughtering the sheep and preparing all the offal, it definitely makes me glad to have been born when and where I was!

5 Jun 2016     

valodra
France

I am (re) reading Khalil Gibran : The Prophet. Calligraphies by Lassaâd Métoui.

Need a ....break in the rush ...;-))
 Val

5 Jun 2016     

Jayho
Australia

Thanks for your current reads.

A Thousand Splendid Suns is definitely on my To Read list as is Burial Rites. Black Beauty is such a great novel and Peter Temple writes much like Lee Childs. I think I shall have to check out Khalil Gibran in the near future. 

I �m now onto The Dove Keepers by Alice Hoffman as part of my book challenge.

Cheers

Jayho

6 Jun 2016     

yanogator
United States

I might look into Peter Temple, since Lee Child is one of my favorites, and I hate waiting for the next Jack Reacher novel to come out.

I am near the end of Stephen King �s Mr. Mercedes, which I am enjoying as much as Finders Keepers. I �m so glad he isn �t restricting himself to horror, because these thriller/mystery novels are better than his horror novels, because his horror novels (after Carrie) have such bad endings, with a few exceptions.

Bruce 

6 Jun 2016     

mmanu
France

am reading the Agatha Raisin series...

29 Aug 2016