Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How to contact the moderators/administrators of the website?    

How to contact the moderators/administrators of the website?

gilderoy_lockhart
Chile

How to contact the moderators/administrators of the website?

I �ve had my own worksheet reported as empty/corrupted, and when I uploaded it again under a different format it was reported as "stolen". I have no idea what �s going on with this website, but I �m already really disappointed in it and whoever runs it or is in charge of analyzing reports. Plus, there �s no way to contact the administrators (where do I send them a message? who are they? any e-mail addresses?), so if any members of the community can lead me to contacting them, it �d be greatly appreciated.

13 Jun 2016      

teacher1976
Germany

There is an e-mail address on this site (left side below: [email protected]). I think you can contact the administrators via this e-mail.

13 Jun 2016     

maretha trie
Indonesia

I do agree with GILDEROY LOCKHART and SUNSHINENIKKI

I have the same problems with both of  you in several worksheets. Someone reported my worksheet and the administrator removed it so I lost my point in a quite amount.
I sent message to administrators. I asked them, which part that I did wrong in my worksheet. I created it myself. I �m sure I don �t stole it from anywhere. But the administrators never reply my message up to now although I have sent the message several times. it is so disappointed me. I don �t get any clear explanation about this case.

13 Jun 2016     

kohai
Latvia

I am sorry to hear you are so disappointed with this site... (I have gained and learnt by using this site so much that I wouldn�t start crying even if I lost all my points one day...)
But I also see you haven�t read the rules of the site carefully. Because you CAN find  the administrator�s e-mail there (it�s a pity, of course, he is too busy to give any(?)answers personally), you should have read that the �users with over 5000 points are moderators� and  �worksheets containing watermarked cliparts are not allowed and will be removed�.
As to our worksheets �copyright, there is said �When you send us a printable you agree that other people can download and use it (..) for personal use only�. Unfortunately, not all people are fair and, in fact, you never know what will happen to your ws (ppt, photo, video, etc.) in future, if it is once uploaded on the Net...
At the moment you just have to wait for any of moderators� reply, as I have seen, usually some of them are very helpful here. Don�t give up!

14 Jun 2016     

elderberrywine
Germany

Dear Gilderoy and other frustrated users,

I �m one of the maybe two dozen people who do moderator �s duty more or less regularly - but I �m one of the least devoted ones, others are far more active than I am.

First of  all I should like to say that moderators do this site a great service by preventing it from becoming anarchist and eventually being closed down. 

No site works without basic rules, rules dictated by fairness, decency, but also by copyright laws.
This is where things get really dicy. This site could be closed down in no time for breach of copyright rules. 

You have no idea to what degree users don �t give a d*** neither about fairness nor about decency and not even about copyright laws. We get several worksheet with copyrighted pictures (!!)  every day, we get several uploads that are scanned from books (!!) or simply stolen from other people on this site or from other sites, and we get many worksheets that break other rules. Every day.

The loose team of moderators go through old and new uploads and look out for things that are a breach of rules. They ban them from the site and suggest they remain banned, name the reasons, and then several other moderators have to decide whether they can be restored because on second thought they are ok,  or whether they definitely have to go. This is an automatic process which makes sure that single moderators who might be hypercritical or in a bad mood cannot decide on their own. .

During the uploading process for worksheets you get very clear information about what is not allowed on this site. Reading them is the first step to not having your stuff removed or refused in the first place.

I �m not sure  if, in case of rejection, you get a message that tells you the cause of rejection.I also know it �s difficult to contact moderators because there is no forum or address for them. There is only Victor who runs this site and is unable to reply to many queries.

So here are the most frequent reasons for which worksheets get reported

- copyrighted pictures
- copyrighted material from books 
- stolen worksheets from this site or other sites
- things that are not ESL (e.g pictures for colouring that do not involve language or things that have nothing to do with teaching English)
- things that are not your own work (e.g. stories or poems without any activities added by you) 
 - things including even a couple of words in another language than English (this site is international, so people don �t want to remove Portuguese, Chinese or Polish vocabulary!) 
- in case of flashcards: not enough of them in one lot (minimum of 4!) 

If something was reported and you find this decision unfair, it might be a good idea to upload it again and to include a comment in the information for teachers explaining that it was entirely made by yourself, etc. 

Hope this helps and cools the anger
elderberry 

14 Jun 2016     

boro272727
China

this site is wonderful and I dread being thrown off, I have a big problem recognizing what images are allowed. I have read the rules carefully.

15 Jun 2016