Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Apps for learning English    

Apps for learning English

Mabdel
Morocco

Apps for learning English

Dear friends, 
Hope you �re doing well! Can you please recommend some  useful apps for learning English, doing extra exercises.....
My students are beginners to  upper-intermidiate level.
Thanks a lot in advance  for your help .
Kind regards.

17 Jun 2016      

Jayho
Australia

Hi Mabdel

Alas, I have found that ESL apps are mostly not free, or if they are free, it �s just the first lesson and then one must pay to progress.  So, I�ve more or less given up on ESL apps for my students, except for elllo.

But, what I have found absolutely wonderful are apps for everyday living.  There is so much in the store and they are ideal for authentic English practice - mainly reading and listening.  So if you go to your store and type in some of these topics, or search for the local company, you will be amazed at what is there for free.

• First aid and emergencies
  • Cinemas
  • Government services
  • Transport
  • Grocery stores, department stores
  • Personal hygiene
  • Exercise
  • Health
  • Hobbies, etc
Cheers

Jayho

18 Jun 2016     

theone72
Russian Federation

there are some nice android apps from the group called "oCoder". English idioms, English listening practice are theirs. English conversation practice from www.talkenglish.com. Honey word - for memorizing words with the use of flash cards. VOA English.

19 Jun 2016     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/apps

20 Jun 2016     

Mabdel
Morocco

Thanks a lot for your help. 
Warm hugs 

20 Jun 2016