Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > International Women īs Day    

International Women īs Day

morganalin
Portugal

International Women īs Day

Hi, do you do? I need your help...

As you know this weekend it īll be celebrated the International Women īs Day.
I īm teaching English to anEFA course ( Adults - women) and I need to do with them an activity in English so that they could present that activity to an Aged group next Friday. They īre just beggining their English classes and they only know the greetings, talk about their personal ID and their nationality. Last session I made with them Natalis � Countries game and they loved it. I thought that they could do it in public, what do you think?
Do you have any idea? I īm looking forward for your reply...
Thanks for your help and feel free to send me a private messahe if you want to.
Thanks again...

2 Mar 2009      

tanya costa
Portugal

Hello!

I saw your "call for help" and i am sorry but i canīt help you!
What i found interesting was the fact that i īm also teaching EFA...to a 12th year group and i thought we could talk a bit about our experience...since i donīt know anybody else that is doing it!!!
What do you think?

3 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

Women love to cook,  have them each prepare something - like cakes or cookies to take to the oldies, as a gift.  Teach them some cooking vocabulary there are some great vocabulary pages here - teach them the words to explain the ingredients and how to prepare it.

They can present the oldies with the recipies - if you can get that far with them.

I did this with a group of 65+ year olds once and they loved learning recipes in English.

Hope this helps.

Good luck,
Barbara

3 Mar 2009