Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Ask for help    

Ask for help

david.alikaee
Iran

Ask for help

Hi,
I �ve been using the words "odd days" and "even days" for years to refer to every other day of a week.For example I �d call Saturday, Monday and Wednesday "even days" and Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday "odd days".
But yesterday a friend of mine claimed that there isn �t such words as "even or odd days" in English. I checked my Dictionary (Oxford Advanced Learner �s) and found some instances of "odd" and "even" with numbers and not wth weekdays.
I really need some help to see whether it is possible to use such words in English and if they are commonly used in spoken English or not. If not, what words are being used?
Thank you in advance,

4 Jul 2016      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

As far as I know, you can use the term in reference to the odd and even days of the month, not week.

4 Jul 2016     

yanogator
United States

That �s right. We don �t have odd and even days of the week, because only numbers are even and odd, and the days aren �t numbered.

Bruce 

4 Jul 2016     

ldeloresmoore
China

If you are looking for a way to describe frequency, you can say -- every other day, every three days, etc. 

Or three times a week, twice a week, etc.

For more specific, you need to state the days.

For example: "I teach Business English on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday".  -- I �d say this if someone wanted to know my exact schedule.    "I teach Business English three times a week" -- I �d say this if someone just wanted to know how often I teach Business English 

Hope this helps.  

4 Jul 2016