Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > I īM COMPLETELY ANNOYED WITH MODERATORS    

I īM COMPLETELY ANNOYED WITH MODERATORS

alerac
Argentina

I īM COMPLETELY ANNOYED WITH MODERATORS

Your contribution LEMON TREE - SONG BY FOOL´S GARDEN has been removed

Of course there has been a TERRIBLE MISTAKE. Follow the link u have provided me and it says by Alejandra.

My name is Alejandra Rapallo, I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina and my id is 22100095.

This person uploaded it on July 27, 2011 and I did it before. Have a look at when I uploaded it and u will see.

If u want a copy of my ID, I can send it to you. Can this person do the same to show that her name is Alejandra. I am sick and tired of people reporting things I had done before such as The exercise about Shrek.

Please check and tell me who reported me.

Re: Your contribution LEMON TREE - SONG BY FOOL´S GARDEN has been removed

By the way u are deleting my exercise when I have lots of them here. This person has only 2 on that website. Who do u think it has stolen it. I am very surprised u haven ´t checked even the dates of the uploads.

Hope to see it soon back here. And I also hope u have in mind the points I have gathered.

Re: Your contribution LEMON TREE - SONG BY FOOL´S GARDEN has been removed

I am still waiting for an answer. Have a look at when my song was uploaded and the word document has the date it was created. Follow the link u had provided me and u will see when it was done. Apart from that in the the document says by alejandra which is actually my fisrt name.

I am still waiting for an answer. This happened in 2014. So pls check this woman who has only uploaded 2 exercises in her life, but I am the who stole it. Pfff.... that makes me laugh. 

7 Jul 2016      

manonski (f)
Canada

You say you īre completely annoyed with moderators. None of them get the private messages you sent because the only person who can read them is the owner of the site. 

Moderators only review reported work and vote for removal or not.  You should know that since you have enough points to moderate. 

7 Jul 2016     

leaponover
United States

i reported a document the other day that was stolen from a different website.  Usually I check to try to find out who the culprit is and who the original poster is.  Seems some people just flag stuff without researching and the moderators don īt do any of the investigation.  Just the way it is....I īve accepted it and moved on.

7 Jul 2016     

ldeloresmoore
China

Doesn īt this kind of beg the questions, "Why are the moderators impossible to contact?" and "What, if any, are their means of investigating and shouldn īt they explain their justifications?"  

When I first joined the board, I had several things removed with absolutely NO explanation as to why. It was infuriating, as I was doing my dead-level best to play by the rules. I made changes blindly, trying to figure out what I had done wrong, only to have my second and third attempts also removed for "violations", but no indication of what the violations were.

Now, that said, I love this site. I īm grateful for the contributions of others, and I īm grateful to those who find value in my efforts. But, Jesus. H. Freakin � Christ!! A little transparency would go a LONG LONG WAY....... 

7 Jul 2016     

spied-d-aignel
France

Any members of the site with over 5 000 points becomes a moderator, when you get to that point , you will realize how difficult  and time using  for the little few who actually do the job , so that the site respects the rules and doen īt get closed down!!! Just a little word from a holiday maker, cheers ,Sylvie

8 Jul 2016     

douglas
United States

About 7-8 years ago, when this site had begun to grow rapidly and get the attention of other (competitor) sites. Victor began to get messages (some included threats of lawsuits) concerning worksheets that contained copyrighted materials. Previously, we had been small enough that we could bring-up the topic in the forum or drop someone a PM to keep things (half-way) in control. But as the site grew and occurrences increased we all realized something had to be done.

We discussed the situation thoroughly in the forum and Victor came-up with the voluntary moderator system that allowed us to police ourselves. We all praised the system because it allowed us to continue to have this wonderful site as a resource without forcing anything on any of its members.

Through the years there have been some minor modifications to the system, but it has proven itself as very successful thanks to some members that volunteer their time (mostly anonymously) to evaluate submissions and  determine if they break rules that could harm the site or force Victor into legal problems. The ESLP community is much like a family, and we all try to do our part for the better of the whole.

It is rare and a bit of a wonder that this community exists in the way that it does and has mostly kept its "family feel" despite the unbelievably large number of members (OBTW: Who ended up with the crown?). Sure things have change and it isn īt quite as quaint as it used to be, but we still have something special here.

As to the question at hand, it is frustrating and embarrassing to have one īs contribution challenged, but berating moderators that are volunteering their time to keep this site online is counter-productive. Most problems could be prevented if only the contributor and/or challenger (the person who reports your contri.) would read and fully understand the rules. On rare occasions, mistakes are made and contributions are falsely removed. In such cases, Victor is your point of contact, if you present him with a good case and allow him some time to evaluate it, he will make the final determination. Once a contribution has been removed, moderators have no access or control over them.

And remember, this is a FREE website, that offers an unbelievable number of professional-quality resources and a forum that is always willing to help clarify your questions--this is a community of teachers helping one another, not a business seeking profit. Please keep this in mind before becoming overly annoyed or making demands on people that are doing us a service at their own expense.

Have a nice weekend and thanks to all the wonderful members  here (and Victor) that do (and have done) so much to make this site what it is.

Cheers,
Douglas

8 Jul 2016     

Jayho
Australia

Hear, hear, Douglas.  Wise words.

I donīt have time to moderate these days, but I can confidently claim it to be a thankless and daunting task.  My recommendations have always been for members to aim for 5000 points and then to experience it for themselves.

Other than that, as you said, it is a free site, and no-one is forcing anyone to upload anything. There are plenty of other options available out there for members to choose from.  I, for one, am glad to be part of this community. And, yes, I wonder who did get that crown.

Cheers

Jayho

8 Jul 2016     

nataliaalmoines
Spain

Douglas and Jayho, you explain it very well. The job of a moderator isn īt an easy one.

8 Jul 2016     

douglas
United States

>>Jayho: I suspect that Liberty and Ivona made off with the crown and are now living large off the proceeds in some tropical paradise.

8 Jul 2016     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Almaz tricked them out of it. He īs like that. 

8 Jul 2016     

alerac
Argentina

So I will post it again since it is mine. Just saying. I had lots of points with that piece of work and I am proud of it.
And yes, I am a moderator too, but I don īt flag worksheets without checking them. That is all.
Thanks peeps 

13 Jul 2016