Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > No Monster-alphabet?    

No Monster-alphabet?

Kirsten Mikkelsen
Denmark

No Monster-alphabet?

From Denmark, July 9th

I recently joined ESLprintables and I have started a "project" to upload (alost) everything I have made myself.

Just the other day I started uploading my home-made "Monster Alphabet", starting with the page "A", obviously.

The page has been removed, as it was said "It is only clipart, not an ESL resource". But it is a flash-card, and contains an introduction to the monster starting with the letter in the alphabet. (A is Amphisbaena, the snake with a head in bothe ends, B is for Basilisk, and so forth.) Each letter-page contains a short description and a sentence to read about the monster.

How can this be judged "not an ESL ressource"?

I share because I hope that others can have use of my works, and I gain nothing from this - so it doesn �t matter as such if the Monster Alphabet is no good. I write this plea for help, partially because I do not understand the complaint, and partly because I know many who have had great joy from this alphabet. I even had positive feedback here before it was removed.

Please help, as I still think that the alphabet is a potential success in many classrooms.

Regards from mrs. Kirsten Mikkelsen 

9 Jul 2016      

kohai
Latvia

Hi Kirsten

I didn�t notice your contribution when it was available. By reading your post I couldn�t understand if you had uploaded only the first letter �A� or more. If there was only one card it�s not a surprise it was reported and removed, sorry for saying that.

You should follow this rule of the site:  

Single flashcards (a document with a single picture) are not allowed. There must be at least four flashcards in the same document for it to be considered a flashcard set and be accepted. 

Hope it helps,
kohai 

Edit: I should understand there was only one page uploaded. But the tip stays the same. Good luck!

9 Jul 2016     

Kirsten Mikkelsen
Denmark

Hello Kohai

Oh!

Here I was, thinking I had read all the rules. Obviously not.

So what you are saying is, that if I make documents of, say, A-B-C-D as one dcument, four pages, it should work?

Thanks for the advice, I �ll se if I can do this. 

Regards from Kirsten 

9 Jul 2016     

kohai
Latvia

Hi Kirsten once more!

You are very welcome! Glad to help.

Yes, at least 4 flashcards in a set must be accepted! If you care of downloaders� convenience there should be more (alike in the parts of your Big Dominoes) but that�s up to you.

Best wishes,
kohai 

9 Jul 2016