Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > Is it fair?    

Is it fair?

piretraig
Estonia

Is it fair?

I don �t know if it is stealing, but I don �t think it is fair either. Compare.�

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=190070#thetop

http://www.mes-english.com/flashcards �and then take body parts and a handout.�

May-be I �m overreacting

3 Mar 2009      

cheezels
New Zealand

I am not quite sure as your second link is a bit hazy... BUT MES english and tools for educators are both sites that allow you to use their materials IN YOUR CLASS and WITH YOUR STUDENTS only... they are very clear in their statement at the bottom of the page

End User License Agreement:  You are free to download any resource from this site as an end user and MES-English.com grants you an End User License with the following restrictions: You may not redistribute, copy, modify, transfer, transmit, repackage, charge for or sell any of the materials from this site.  You may use photocopies or printouts for the purposes of distributing them for free to your students.  MES-English.com reserves the right to terminate or make changes to this agreement for any reason and without notice.

Copyright � 2005 - 2009 MES-English.com

So to use things from their site and post it here as a worksheet or as part of a worksheet is definitely  a no no. If anyone has made worksheets using images and things from these sites, then those worksheets cannot be submitted here. 

A lot of people don �t actually read the fine print regarding copyright, (just like a lot of people don �t bother to read the FAQ �s here!!) ... so it could very well be a genuine mistake :-)

3 Mar 2009     

piretraig
Estonia

Of course I understand that Mes English is created to help the teachers and we can use these materials in the class. But I think it is kind of steeling when you take a handout from mes-english and put it here as your own creation, and most of all- get points without real contribution :)

3 Mar 2009     

Isabel L
Spain

It �s clearly stolen. You can even see the website address (www.mes-english.com) at the top of the page. He/She has taken just a part of the handout but hasn �t changed anything. No work from the "author"

3 Mar 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Isabel and piretraig you are both absolutely correct... I was just referring to the MES copyright as heaps of new members here get "caught" out by it not realising that you can �t use every nice pic you find on the internet for your worksheets to be uploaded here...

But apart from that yes, this particular member has not added activities to the pictures they have simply copied and pasted to a document. :-)

So in answer to the original question : yes, it is completely copied/stolen and is in no way the authors original work. And on  closer look, (it was a brief peek earlier) neither are any of their other contributions.... Confused

3 Mar 2009