Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Any idea?    

Any idea?

Snow- white
Macedonia

Any idea?

Hi,I �m stuck with this song and I have no idea at all what shall I do.The song is
 "Ten little puppets standing on the wall
   ten little puppets standing on the wall
   and if one little puppet shouls accidently fall
  there will be nine.........and so on up to no little puppets
How can I make this lesson interesting?The students are 3rd grade(8 years) and we have craftwork puppets for each one of them.

3 Mar 2009      

libertybelle
United States

Make a puppet show with a big cardboard box and make sock puppets.
The kids can make all these things together.
Let them perform for each other. (like a Punch and Judy puppet show)

You can change characters and let the next group do it with kitty puppets.
Another group can sing the song with doggie puppets.
All puppets can be make with an old sock, a little yarn, buttons and marking pen.

There ideas for this are endless!
good luck
L
ps - you can also make a shadow box with light, a box  and the same puppets.

3 Mar 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

You can they make act it out -ten at a time- pretending they fall down.
You can even challenge them to mime the puppets and falling while singing the song and celebrate the best performance.

I did something of the kind  but with ten green bottles. They drew, labeled and cut out the style of bottle they wanted  to be on green cardboard and we used a low platform (safe for them). They fell one by one having to stay still (well...or so to say lol) on the floor until the song ended.
They really had great fun.

3 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

You can do finger puppets with legs and make a cardboard wall and the kids can scrouch down with only their finger puppet showing.   They can make the puppets dance on the wall and then fall down one by one.

have fun with it.

3 Mar 2009     

Nanna
Mexico

HI EVERYBODY, I am new using this tool, but guess what I don �t have an idea about how to use it to create flashcards, or my own projects. Could you advice, I learn fast.

4 Mar 2009