Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Speed Reading     

Speed Reading

sol_landia
Chile

Speed Reading

Hello colleagues:

I need your help. I have to assess speed reading on my students and I would like you could help me with some rubrics or a link where I can find how to do it or the standarized measuments for the english language. I would really appreciate any kind of help

Regards
 from Chile 

28 Aug 2016      

redcamarocruiser
United States

It seems there are several online speed reading sites that will tell you your reading speed and some will rate your comprehension.

29 Aug 2016     

Minka
Slovenia

The only problem wit this kind of testing is that you can "prove" you read fast if you just skip the text and use your knowledge to answer the questions. I tried to do it on that site, skipped reading and got 75% of answers right and I was "super fast". Which I am not. 

1 Sep 2016     

Minka
Slovenia

The only problem wit this kind of testing is that you can "prove" you read fast if you just skip the text and use your knowledge to answer the questions. I tried to do it on that site, skipped reading and got 75% of answers right and I was "super fast". Which I am not. 

1 Sep 2016