Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > 1 mb limit?    

1 mb limit?

Canankiran
France

1 mb limit?

What is this 1mb limit when uploading a document? Is that a joke? My document is colorful and full of pictures for kids, it doesnt have to be under 1mb. I havent been on for a while, but never had that before. Someone help me please. How can I resize a word document to 1mb (from 2mb) without changing anything in it.

7 Sep 2016      

maryse pey�
France

This is not a joke. Our webmaster has changed the size twice. He has thought carefully about all the parametres and the constraints of such a site and the wonderful possibilities the members can benefit of.

So you can split your document in 2 or 3 different parts and upload them. This is 1 of the solutions, 1 I use when I have this problem of weight. Now other members, more skillful than I am in computing, have often answered such a question.

I do not really remember the precise posts about this topic but you can try to find in the previous pages of answers if you find the link to the possible solutions.

7 Sep 2016     

COLOMBO
Russian Federation

Hello, Canankiran
You shouldn �t worry, all you gotta do is reduce the file size of the pictures in you document. Here is a manual 
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Reduce-the-file-size-of-a-picture-9d8de420-3beb-4481-98e9-88efa4e2fd95

7 Sep 2016     

Minka
Slovenia

I �ve seen many colourful worksheets around here and they ibviously meet the 1 mb limit. I understand it can be annoying, but it can be done. I guess the limit is there to provide space for more worksheets. 

7 Sep 2016     

kohai
Latvia

I learned this thanks to Gi2gi, hope you will find it useful too: 

8 Sep 2016     

douglas
United States

You �ve been uploading worksheets since 2011 and suddenly you have a problem with the sizes--sounds suspicious.  The size has increased at least once since you started uploading.

Sorry, but I �m very protective of this site and tend to respond negatively to attacks from newcomers (we �ve really worked hard to make it what it is today--kudos to Victor). Looking at your account though, you �re not a newcomer, so it confuses me a little (new school year stress maybe?). 

Cheers,
Douglas

8 Sep 2016     

Jayho
Australia

My sentiments exactly, Douglas

8 Sep 2016     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

@Canankiran: Please do not attack this site. Be humble and polite!

9 Sep 2016     

redcamarocruiser
United States

If you search  on    turn image into thumbnail , you will find sites that reduce the size of an image.  Then you can reduce your images and  hopefully the overall size of the document will be under 1 MB. If not, you can take a screen shot of the page(s) and paste the screenshot(s) into a new Word document and upload.

Hope this helps. 

11 Sep 2016     

Canankiran
France

I am not attacking the webpage, I love this webpage. As you said I am not even new, and have been uploading worksheets forever. I just never realized there was a limit. After spending all my weekend on a worksheet and having the message of oversized worksheet really made me angry. Whatever though, didn �t (couldn �t) upload that sheet of the worksheet, you can go on with your lives and me too. Thanks a lot to  all the people with advice without criticizing me. Cheers.

12 Sep 2016