Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Question re worksheet description/instructions    

Question re worksheet description/instructions

alien boy
Japan

Question re worksheet description/instructions

Quick question for moderators re printables: I included the full activity instructions in the information/description rather than on the sheet. The sheet had information, in English, including the name of the activity. Is this a valid worksheet, especially when the instructions were contained in the description?

14 Sep 2016      

Mariethe House
France

No strict rule about it Bruce. I guess the information to teachers,regarding the ws doesn �t have to be included IN the ws but what has to be is instractions for pupils about what they have to do.sorry I didn �t see your printable and can �t give you any more precise info about it☺

15 Sep 2016     

alien boy
Japan

Thanks Mariethe. I �m just trying to get some sort of definitive clarification, because there seems to be no clear guidelines about this sort of thing. If people really want an extra page on every printable (particularly with things for younger students) with instructions, then I �ll happily do so. I won �t worry about including that information in the description. Cheers, AB

15 Sep 2016     

Jayho
Australia

Hi AB

I usually add the instructions to the last page but there are no rules.

Cheers

Jayho

15 Sep 2016     

alien boy
Japan

Thanks Jayho.

My last upload got removed as �not an ESL resource �. The only reason that I could see would be the instructions being in the description rather than on the printabe, even with there being other English on the printable, too.

Cheers,
AB 

15 Sep 2016     

Jayho
Australia

Maybe someone who moderates regularly can shed some light as to why your contribution was classified as not being an ESL resource
OR
just upload it again now and see what happens (and we can keep an eye on it and thus keep you posted).

Cheers

Jayho

15 Sep 2016