Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How to practice English with kids if you are not a language teacher    

How to practice English with kids if you are not a language teacher

DorkaM
Hungary

How to practice English with kids if you are not a language teacher

Hi everyone,
I �m badly in need of your help. Could you share some ideas on how to practice English with kids if you are not a language teacher, but you have to practice English with them?

In the educational system in my country kids from grade 1 to grade 4 have lessons in the morning but they have to stay in school until 4 pm. They use the afternoon to write their homework and do some extra practice. They are usually with an other teacher in the afternoon than in the morning lessons. The afternoon teacher is usually not a language teacher, he/she just takes care of the kids and helps them with their homework. Now, I need to collect ideas and activities concerning how this afternoon teacher can learn with the kids. Help me please, I �m clueless.

15 Sep 2016      

rossman1
Peru

Kids specially little ones learn english by playing that �s the best way someone can encourages them to skpeak and the easiest way they can achieve the language by playing by interacting one each onther, I suggest to read articles that are easy to find in internet Teaching english to kids, Where u can find lots of ideas about teaching english to young learners,
Kind regards 

15 Sep 2016     

rossman1
Peru

Kids specially little ones learn english by playing that �s the best way someone can encourages them to skpeak and the easiest way they can achieve the language by playing by interacting one each onther, I suggest to read articles that are easy to find in internet Teaching english to kids, Where u can find lots of ideas about teaching english to young learners,
Kind regards 

15 Sep 2016     

s.lefevre
Brazil

If the children are small, your shouldn �t want to overcharge them. They are learning during the morning, they are doing their homework in the afternoon, they should have time to play and be children, not only students. Of course, if you play sometimes a game in English, it wouldn �t be seen as practicing, but attention, don �t force them to practice all the time. They will start to hate the foreign language.

16 Sep 2016     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Does the afternoon teacher know English?

18 Sep 2016