Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Support for Blind Students    

Support for Blind Students

Ahlam
Bahrain

Support for Blind Students

Hello everyone,

Could you please suggest any programs or materials or give any suggestions how to support & teach a blind student who is low attainer in English  in a mixed abilities class. Other students can see. Please help me help them. Any kind of suggestions are welocme.

Note: St has no bril machine for the time being but she has a laptop which reads all instructions & I want to involve her & provide her with materials

Thank you

4 Oct 2016      

agicafranko
Hungary

Hi,
I think the blind person should listen as many things as she/he can with the help of headset or something like that. I would use youtube materials. Is he/she a starter? If the answer is yes, I would use songs ( like for kids)
E.g. number song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HQotNnJo58

In my opinion , you need to have a lot of tasks to find appropriate videos ...hard work.

I wish you loads of energy.
:)
Ági 

4 Oct 2016     

redcamarocruiser
United States

That is my thought, too. Provide her with a rich listening experience using audio books and podcasts.  She can probably take part in pair work role plays with her classmates. 

Can you use tactile props in instruction?

You probably google teaching blind students esl, as I  have, but here is one result that may help
https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/article/teaching-english-blind-students 

4 Oct 2016