Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > childrenīs book based on the present continuous tense    

childrenīs book based on the present continuous tense

lurrita
Spain

childrenīs book based on the present continuous tense

hello!
I need help. I´m going to start  a unit about present continuous and i want to read a story in class based on that grammar point. Any ideas?
thank you
Laura 

9 Oct 2016      

koala_eukaliptus
Spain

The best thing I can think of is a short story in which you describe what different people are doing (different actions). 

9 Oct 2016     

JuliaKaraban
Russian Federation

Start your story as : Sam is at home now. All his family is at home too. Everybody is busy. His mother is cooking an apple pie in the kitchen. .......
Or you can imagine the situation that smb is in the room, preparing for a holiday smb is looking through the window....
It depends on age, level of students. 

10 Oct 2016     

Minka
Slovenia

I usually use pictures with a lot of people doing many different things. With a dog maybe and I usually say what the weather is like. Things like that. 

10 Oct 2016     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

The problem is the main narrative tense for a story in the present is the present simple, not the present continuous, as the others suggest. I tried writing a couple of stories myself to teach this tense and ... it didn īt go too well. They are aimed at young teens. I īll upload them now and you can see if they can be of any use. No pictures though... I kind of drew things as we read the stories. 

11 Oct 2016