Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > help    

help

oiseau bleu
Tunisia

help

Hi everyone
i have to teach a lesson entitled "Everything to play for" could you please tell me what does this expression mean!

26 Oct 2016      

yanogator
United States

Hi, Bluebird,
The expression doesn �t really have a fixed meaning, so if you could provide some context, it would help us explain it to you. I realize that it is a lesson title, so you might not have any context.

Sorry I can �t be of more help.

Bruce 

26 Oct 2016     

oiseau bleu
Tunisia

Hello yanogator
it is a lesson in which a child is talking about family ,food, leisure time, pets and the difference between being a child and a grownup. i m looking for a short video for different persons talking about likes, interests and hobbies to start the lesson could you please help me?        
Thanks in advance 

26 Oct 2016     

Jemila
Tunisia

Hi Oiseau bleu,
Isn �t it  Everything to PAY for? 

26 Oct 2016     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It is �everything to play for �, and as Bruce says, it depends on the situation. It means that you can gain or lose everything. It �s usually used optimistically - to use another idiom to illustrate: if you play your cards right, you could do very well indeed. So, in the context here, oiseau bleu, the child is at the starting point, with adulthood ahead. He/she has everything to play for ... and let�s hope they take the right steps to a successful life (is implied). 

27 Oct 2016     

oiseau bleu
Tunisia

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP

27 Oct 2016