Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > P.E in English    

P.E in English

leanneboazman
Austria

P.E in English

Hi everyone,
I �ve been asked to do a P.E/sports lesson in a class of 11 year olds. Does anyone know of any websites/links/movement songs that could help me? Or maybe you have some game suggestions?

Thanks for your help and all of the hard work you put it into your worksheets!
x

4 Mar 2009      

yetigumboots
Germany

I do rope skipping with my English classes (outdoors in the sumer of courseBig smile). A great way to learn chants and songs.

apples, peaches
pears and plums
tell me when your birthday comes...

then the kids go through the months of the year and jump out when they have birthday.

Great hit with my lot... or even just counting. The first child jumps five times and then jumps out ,the next starts at six and carries on counting until you are up in the hundreds. he he.

have fun
Yeti xxx

4 Mar 2009     

Zora
Canada

There is an easy game called "Kings Square"... and you could adapt it so that the "king" starts off with a topic like... colours... then he throws the ball according to the rules and the person has to catch the ball and say a colour before throwing it to another player... here �s a video to show how it �s played...

http://www.expertvillage.com/video/70844_four-square-revised.htm 

4 Mar 2009     

leanneboazman
Austria

Thanks very much Yeti and Zora!
I �m sure we �ll have fun trying them
xxx

4 Mar 2009