Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Will you help me, please?    

Will you help me, please?

CILB
Argentina

Will you help me, please?

Hi everybody!
I need your help. I work at a school with adolescents (12- 14 year- old- students). I have a group of 15 students. We were told that this year we have to work on a specific project with our students and that we have to invite the parents to the classroom to show them what we have done.... It can be anything we want but I have no idea what to do! Will you help me with some ideas? I thought students could do a  research work on Urban Tribes and then come to class all dressed up and talk about each urban tribe... what do you think? Any other idea?
Thanks in advance.

Cecilia.

4 Mar 2009      

s.lefevre
Brazil

Hi,

Ask each student  what he/she would like to research about. Make a list on the board and then let them vote. The most voted project wins.

4 Mar 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hi - I like your idea - students love choosing and democracy is always popular.

Another one that has worked incredibly well is an individual computer project.

Students must create a poem about themselves.
1) identify 5 key words that describe them
2) take photos to illustrate their descriptive words and tell people about themselves.
3) find some music they like that fits with their five descriptive words.
4) Study some poems. HAve students create their own poem using five descriptive words.
5) Get students to create a photo movie with music and poem that is presented back to parents and fellow students on the data projector.

4 Mar 2009     

Gisecba
Argentina

Those are great ideas!!!!!
Another ideas could be:
*Global Warming
*Pop Stars in history
*Animals� life
*Family
*Jobs
I hope the ideas are useful!!!
Regards!

4 Mar 2009     

temainzer
Brazil

Why don �t you divide the class into groups, and ask them to research about environmental issues (such as air/water pollution, global warming, electronic garbage, etc) and some possible solutions to them? It �s a very current subject that students may be interested in.
Another idea (if you teach American English and culture) is to ask your students to choose a state of The USA and find material about them: flag, typical food, typical slangs, population, climate, etc., or even about states in your country, to present to parents. I did this "States Fair" once and it worked. Both teens and parents liked a lot.

4 Mar 2009     

Gisecba
Argentina

Those are great ideas!!!!!
Another ideas could be:
*Global Warming
*Pop Stars in history
*Animals� life
*Family
*Jobs
I hope the ideas are useful!!!
Regards!

4 Mar 2009     

Snow- white
Macedonia

Hi.I did it several years ago.It was called Let �s have some tea.The theme was England .it was biligual(first reading in English than in Macedonian language)We had pictures with famous people and things in England.The classroom was decorated with English flags,we had a Princess and a Queen and we served tea to the parents. If you are interested let me know and I will tell you more by sending you a pm.

4 Mar 2009     

CILB
Argentina

MANY THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!

I like all of the ideas!!!
I have to choose what to do now... Confused   jaja.

4 Mar 2009     

Alejandra27
Argentina

well why dont you make them research about different provinces in argentina their costumes... food...origins... you can also make them bring pictures of where they have been....and when u you invite parents all can cook the most voted recipy. And you make " a national day in english". I �m telling you this because some parents are reluctant here in argentina with Englsh �s projects. I guess you know what I �m referring to.
Good luck!

4 Mar 2009