Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Urgent question to my French colleagues!    

Urgent question to my French colleagues!

liza_xxx93
Russian Federation

Urgent question to my French colleagues!

I know that my question is NOT connected with the English language, but I don �t know where I can find the answer.
My friend is preparing a lesson in French (Topic Winter) She is not sure how to talk about playing snowballs (e.g. how to say "YOU �VE HIT ME WITH A SNOWBALL" "yOU MISSED")
May be you could translate such phrases or give us an idea where to look for it in the Net?
Thanks in advance, my favourite English teachers � community!
Desperate for your help, 
Maria 

23 Nov 2016      

maryse pey�
France

You �ve hit me with a snowball = Tu m �as touché avec une boule de neige.

You missed = Tu m �as manqué !

23 Nov 2016     

liza_xxx93
Russian Federation

Merci beaucoup,Maryse!And is it correct to say "Tu vien d �etre atteint(e) par ma boule de neige"?

23 Nov 2016     

maryse pey�
France

You �re welcome.

"Tu viens d �être atteint(e) par ma boule de neige" is awkward.

You can say "Ta boule de neige m �a touché(e)" or "ta boule de neige a atteint son but ! (dis-je en riant)" for example.

23 Nov 2016     

valodra
France

Hello,
I agree with Maryse : No one would say : " Tu m �as atteint avec ta boule de neige". We �d say : " Tu m �as touch�(e) " or even           (more  familiar ) " Tu m �as eu(e) "

I think kids in the courtyard wouldn �t even make a sentence ; when playing with snow, they usually say :                                           " Touch�!" ( I �ve been hit ) & " Manqu�! " or " Rat� ! " ( you missed )
Val 
https://fr.islcollective.com/resources/search_result?Tags=hiver&searchworksheet=GO&type=Printables&view=grid
Maybe this can help ? ( Write HIVER in the search box..)

23 Nov 2016     

liza_xxx93
Russian Federation

Thank you for all your help!!!

24 Nov 2016