Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > all my files deleted    

all my files deleted

frere
Albania

all my files deleted

it �s a bit late to ask as my files - including photos and essays as well as all my elt material - are not even in the trash folder....but....
does anyone know how to protect files on a shared [office] pc? [windows - not apple] 

i work part time at a centre whose resources include this pc, a printer, boards, old furniture and the smelliest toilet ever. so i really needed those worksheets. i hope most of my photos are stored elsewhere, but not all - that �s for sure. 

i wouldn �t mind so much if they paid me without my having to ask! 

29 Nov 2016      

alien boy
Japan

This may give you some ideas:

If you can give the exact OS, then I may be able to get you something more specific.

Cheers,
AB 

29 Nov 2016     

Tony C
United Kingdom

There is software around that can recover deleted files, if they have not already been covered over by another programme.
Try this Google search for free recovery software and try and find a good and safe one.

Otherwise, get some cloud storage space, like Dropbox, Google and others who will give you a few gigabytes of space for free, and you can get to them at home too.
Good luck.

29 Nov 2016     

Jayho
Australia

I use a free recovery software (which is listed in Tony �s link) to restore permanently deleted/lost files and it works pretty well. (It actually reveals that permanently deleting something is not as permanent as one thinks, which is a scary thought when disposing of old PCs)

I love cloud storage. I use Dropbox and OneDrive.

Cheers

Jayho

29 Nov 2016     

alien boy
Japan

Oops! Sorry - read that as being Apple, not Windows. My bad!

Using cloud based storage is an excellent idea. If you don �t have access to the internet on your work machine, (& you may not be allowed to run 3rd party software either without having administrator privileges on the computer or network) you�could use some native�Windows security options. These options, however,�would not stop a system administrator from deleting your files!
If you can advise what�version of Windows the system uses, I �ll get some specific information for you.
It�is always a good idea to�keep back ups of your files�in the future.
Cheers,
AB�

29 Nov 2016