Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Personality    

Personality

mistick
France

Personality

Hello to all of you!!

I have a question to submit, when you want to ask somebody about their personality which question is better:

What are you like?
What sort of a person are you? 
or are they both correct? 
Thanks for your answers. 

30 Nov 2016      

yanogator
United States

First, it �s a little strange to ask someone about their personality. But either of your options is OK. In either case, the person will ask you for clarification, and probably want to know why you are asking.

Bruce 

30 Nov 2016     

khaledxp
Tunisia

If I had to ask someone about their personality / character , I would start with : � � Would you please tell me a bit about yourself ? � � and follow the flow of the conversation by adding specific questions

30 Nov 2016     

HaiBee
Vietnam

Dear Mistick,
If I  were you, I would say � If I ask your friends about you, how should they share? � or �Could you tell me a little bit about yourself? �

30 Nov 2016     

FrauSue
France

Haibee,

Your second suggestion is fine, but for the first one, it would be more idiomatic to say, "If I asked your friends about you, what would they say?"

1 Dec 2016     

mistick
France

Thanks a lot for your answers. I know it �s a bit strange to ask about somebady �s personality just like that butI wanted to find a title tou my lesson about personality traits. Your answers helped a lot and I �ve chosen � Tell me a little bit about yourself? �

Have a nice evening :-)

Marie 

1 Dec 2016     

Jayho
Australia

1 Dec 2016