Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > hi I need help    

hi I need help

chrabonsc
Poland

hi I need help

I don �t know what write in the sentence In the ... (Three, early, mint) of 1620 the Piligrims crossed the Atlantic Ocean on their ship, Mayflorer. Which of these words is right and why ? Thanks a lot in advance :)

14 Dec 2016      

chrabonsc
Poland

And one more question. (Employ) It is my dream to work in the film industry but unfortunately, there is so much....... around that I may have to change my ambitions.

14 Dec 2016     

chrabonsc
Poland

And one more question. (Employ) It is my dream to work in the film industry but unfortunately, there is so much....... around that I may have to change my ambitions.

14 Dec 2016     

joannajs
Poland

I understand the last sentence is about word formation, so the answer should be UNEMPLOYMENT.

I don �t quite get the ide of the first exercise though. If it �s just gap fill (and the words in the brackets are your wild guesses and not the words we should use somehow) I �d use the word YEAR.

best,

joanna  

14 Dec 2016     

yanogator
United States

I agree with Joanna.

Bruce 

14 Dec 2016     

Apodo
Australia

It could be Early in 1620 (not of)

14 Dec 2016     

yanogator
United States

I just thought of "In the early part of 1620...?, which uses one of your choices and keeps the word order.

Bruce 

14 Dec 2016     

chrabonsc
Poland

This first sentence is strange I have only these words Thanks a lot :)

15 Dec 2016     

yanogator
United States

Then there �s a mistake in the first sentence, because it can �t be completed with just one of those words and nothing else.

Bruce 

15 Dec 2016     

WuxiTang
China

I would do one of 2 things:

1.  In early 1620 ......; or

2.  In the year 1620...... 
Since the actual voyage was very lengthy, the second option would be more accurate.

16 Dec 2016