Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Game to practice Past Tense    

Game to practice Past Tense

Maria Isabel
Peru

Game to practice Past Tense

Hello dear friends:

I �m looking for a game to practice the past tense with 10-year old gils, see... the school I work for sets a limit of photocopies so I would like to practice the tense we �ve been working with lately but in a different way.  I would like something to work in groups or so...
If you know something, please let me know.
Thanks.

Maria Isabel

5 Mar 2009      

benicio
Brazil

Hello there!

I downloaded a memory game. My class really enjoyed it!

Here is the link:

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=156985#thetop

5 Mar 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

May I just point out a spelling mistake  repeated THREE times in your post:
to pratise (verb) takes an �s � whereas the practice (noun) takes a �c �

5 Mar 2009     

frenchfrog
France

�practice � as a verb is correct!! It is American English! (Oxford Advanced Learner �s Dictionary) Wink

5 Mar 2009     

dennismychina
China

Hi Maria,

If you hold on a sec I�ll upload a power point. Pretty basic (with clicks) but not to bad.

The target is� he wishes he were��

Enjoy.

5 Mar 2009     

dennismychina
China

What a dum dum....

It �ll only be uploaded tomorrow. (idiot) It is very late and it�s been a long week. Sorry.

And talk about advertising�Mmmmmm�  if anyone isn�t happy about this post I�ll be more than happy to delete the PPt after a day or so.

5 Mar 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Don �t delete you post Dennis.

Maria Isabel can upload it now - Here is the url.

http://www.eslprintables.com/powerpoint.asp?id=8877#thetop

(it will be free tomorrow, but you can download it today. It only costs 1 point)

We all agreed that helping each other was not self-advertising!

5 Mar 2009     

urpillay
Spain

Hi Maria Isabel,
In the Bus Stop Free Resources you will find a great game for practising the past tense with your 10 years old students. The game is called Racing Past  http://www.the-bus-stop.net/games.html I hope it is useful!!
Hugs!
INMA ALC�ZAR

5 Mar 2009     

Maria Isabel
Peru

Thanks to all of you for your kind replies...
Brahim...I don mind being corrected...that encourages me to improve, besides it make me realise that there are people who care for us...however...I  think frenchfrog is right about the �c � used in American English...the problem is that maybe I should be more consistent on one type of English...since I work with both types...sometimes this sort of things happen to me..sorry!
And frenchfrog....you sent me a private message with a link to a game...but I can not open it because it tells me that the format of the file is unkown...what a pity!...what can I do?

Regards
Maria Isabel

5 Mar 2009     

douglas
United States

You could have three or four of your students come to the front of the classroom and each do a few different things (walk, jump, scratch her head, write on the board, tie her shoe, etc.) then have the rest of the students tell you what the girls were doing in the past simple tense ("Myra pulled her right ear.").  Then choose a new group of "actresses" to perform for the class.  As they each try to do something original it gets funnier and funnier and the kids have to find the right verbs to describe the actions.

Douglas

5 Mar 2009