Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > PICKING YOUR COLLECTIVE BRAINS :-)     

PICKING YOUR COLLECTIVE BRAINS :-)

ldeloresmoore
China

PICKING YOUR COLLECTIVE BRAINS :-)

Hey, Gang --- 

Just a quick question --

I teach in China and I �m fighting a constant uphill battle to get the word "maybe" out of overuse and misuse.

Do any of you have this problem in other countries? Is this a uniquely China thing? 

I ask because I �m putting together a PPT activity to try to address this. If this is only a China thing, then I �ll focus it on China specifically. If it is a problem with learners of other first languages, then I �ll make it more generic so that it can be used in other countries as well.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Cheers from China ---

Dee 

17 Jan 2017      

kekee1006
Japan

So I teach in Japan and although I haven �t heard maybe being used a lot (mostly because the situation never calls for it) I asked my JTE and she said that the students will use the word whenever they can �t think of a word that works for them. So I can see this being a useful lesson for my classes.

18 Jan 2017