Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Listening Exams!!!    

Listening Exams!!!

AdamoEnzo
Italy

Listening Exams!!!

Hello everybody,
Sorry to say that, but it really made me angry.
I don �t mean to insult anyone, but I noticed something typical with Tunisian teachers!
almost all of them ( I said almost) share their listening exams with neither script nor any link to it!
I have never understood how valuable their sharing could be?
I do not consider myself as an exceptional teacher. I am only a beginner in that wide field. I really appreciate lots of worksheets, but what can I say about listening questions without having the link to the audio or the script included.
Sorry to be frank Tunisian colleagues, but your works should be reported and deleted
Sorry again 

3 Mar 2017      

mahutana
Italy

Sorry, about that, but I �ve noticed that as well! 

4 Mar 2017     

valodra
France

Hello,
Maybe it �s just because our colleagues share the same textbooks...so, such ws can be useful for some of us here. Maybe a pm to ask for the audio file could be the answer ?? ( but if it goes with a book, it might be difficult..AND illegal !)
When I download a ws with a listening comprehension, I try to check if a link is included...If not, I just do not download ;-) I do not log in every day....but this happened several times - not esp with  "Tunisian" worksheets...;-)

Your message made me think that it would be great if people could share audio links here - even mp3...! But maybe it �s not possible... ?
Have a nice weekend every one,
Val 

4 Mar 2017     

AdamoEnzo
Italy

Thanks Valodra,
I checked several times and even asked for the audio or simply the link to it in vain.
I asked Victor to include a rule about that. 

4 Mar 2017     

kohai
Latvia

This site is created for English teachers. The country each of us presenting is only a small part of all the world we share our work with. We should respect other members� work and time. The same as the rules of the place we have come as welcomed guests.

It would only show the respect and be polite to others
1) if Listening tasks had links and/or tapescripts or, at least, the authors offered to send Audio via e-mail;
2) if Reading comprehension questions had texts and weren�t refered  to unknown SB, p.... ;
3) if Answer Key could be found in worksheets, especially for more challenging language tasks and crosswords.

Of course, everybody is smart enough to delete the useless part(s) of any document. The same as we get rid of the spam we find in our mail boxes... But is this what some contributors would love to see and have meant us doing?

Edit: On the other hand, those exam and test papers never stay at the bottom by the number of downloads. It means quite a lot of members find them interesting and useful! Therefore I am not in reporting and deleting, but in improving of them by the authors in the ways I mentioned above. 

4 Mar 2017     

Minka
Slovenia

Yes, those exams get quite a lot of downloads, but many of them on behalf of the audio that the user expected to find in them. Not really fair, is it?

5 Mar 2017     

douglas
United States

Do you really think it is necessary to point-out a certain country of origin, it seems a little hostile.

It would have sufficed to just say "some teachers on this site". 

We really try to keep this a non-hostile site where ALL good-willed teachers are welcome and I would hate to have the Tunisians feel unwelcome here.

I know you apologized ahead of time, so please don �t take this personal (unless it actually was meant to be hostile towards Tunisians), I �m just trying to maintain the harmony.

Cheers,
Douglas

6 Mar 2017     

ldeloresmoore
China

Yeah, that drives me crazy, too.     I do searches for material, and have to wade through countless worksheets tied to audio recordings I have no idea where to get. 

**rant complete** 

6 Mar 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It strikes me that an enterprising Tunisian teacher should set up a website for Tunisian teachers as their materials are excellent. 

6 Mar 2017     

guorkhan
Turkey

Yes! There is a problem, sound links are missing, but the other big and bitter problem is to blame all the Tunisian members. It is like, you know, only two students make noises but the teacher shouts at and punishes the whole class. This only breaks the hearts and makes the students question the justice of the teacher. So this post really made me feel sorry. Also I believe that no one is doing this on purpose. I really love this site and everybody. Just like a family...

6 Mar 2017     

medderraz
Morocco

Great talk & debate !! 
   Dear All, I really get interesting & deeply insightful ideas from whatever post or topic which is being posted here ! You, all dear members; colleagues & distinguished teachers never cease to give us invaluable lessons in dedication, devotion, hard-work & above all RESPECT & SELF-DENIAL !   
    Just to be fair, this problem of Audio links or tapescripts has been noticed in several WSs, not only from Tunisian colleagues, but even Chinese ones, to give only one example ! However, we are the "masters" as one colleague mentioned above; you can choose to download or ignore (or later delete  a WS that you �ve already downloaded !) any document, as it suits you & your Students � needs ! ..
    A Thumb �s up ( & A Big LIKE !) to douglas for her/his wise, tolerant & "humanist" words, & many THANKS for all the other members for making our world better ( & I do mean it, not just an exaggeration !!)

6 Mar 2017     

1    2    Next >