Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Phonics for Adult learners.    

Phonics for Adult learners.

Elle81
United Kingdom

Phonics for Adult learners.

A big hello to all you teachers out there,
First, I would like to thank all the teachers who gave me their suggestions the last time I asked for help. Today, I am seeking  your expertise in teaching phonics to adults. I have been given the task of teaching a group of illiterate Romanian gypsies of varying ages who consequently don �t speak a word of English. The primary school where their children go to have set up this class to help them. The room I have been given to teach in at the Sure Start Centre hasn �t got a smart board or access to the internet. I could use my laptop, but that wouldn �t be practical. I need varying activities for this course, so any help with ideas to teach this group would be appreciated. 
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Elle 

10 Mar 2017      

jfaraujo
Portugal

Hi Ellen
I did some research and found this website which seems to be interesting.
Take a look and see if this can help you.

10 Mar 2017     

jfaraujo
Portugal

Hi Ellen

This site seems to be more practical and it features plenty of ideas and activities.

10 Mar 2017     

FrauSue
France

The Usborne phonics readers books (set of 12) are great - I know they �re very childish but each book focuses on just a few key sounds, and there �s lots of rhyme.

11 Mar 2017     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Elle81,

I have submitted a Post which is on�ESLP in "Hot Topics", �Teaching English to University Students�, by T. Abdellah. The second part of my post, PRONUNCIATION, is related to correcting mispronunciation of the Student. It may be of some slight help to you.

11 Mar 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

What a joy to see this face! This has brightened up a dull Sunday. Where �ve you been, you rascal!??? 
Elle, you are honoured.
Lynne  

12 Mar 2017     

EstherLee76
Peru

Les! 

Good to see you!

12 Mar 2017     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Thank you, Lynne!

Thank you, Esther!

Several unpleasant things happened in my life, and I have been �not very well! �

I am not yet 100% but I decided to renew my connection with ESLP, because it is such a wonderful, heart-warming community.
I am still teaching hard ... (English and other languages), private, voluntary, classes, one-to-one, face-to-face, Skype, etc. Some of my students are still friends after 25 years. That �s REALLY nice!
It �s lovely �to see you � again ... I hope that we can continue our friendships. I will try to submit some more Worksheets for others to use, because I have several thousands going to waste. But you know me ... ever the Perfectionist.
�Bye, Lynne.
�Bye, Esther.
Take care of yourselves.
Les

12 Mar 2017     

EstherLee76
Peru

The magic has returned!

12 Mar 2017     

Mariethe House
France

So good to see you LES ! So happy to see you back ! I hope you will soon be 100%well again. Do not overwork yourself😊Take care.

13 Mar 2017     

douglas
United States

Greetings Les!

13 Mar 2017     

1    2    Next >