Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > rating system    

rating system

spied-d-aignel
France

rating system

Hi to you all, sorry for putting that down again, but  it is quite heartbreaking , when you put  time and work in creating contributions when people keep rating them  as bad: the first star on the left means bad. I may seem a bit touchy but that �s how I fill right  now and it is  not really pleasing to start the week this way! Sylvie

20 Mar 2017      

falafel
Tunisia

Hi dear Sylvie. No doubt that your work is amazing and very useful and the great effort you make is visible and you deserve more than 5 stars. So just ignore the rating because we are sure that the one who rates it this way is not fair. Have a nice day.

20 Mar 2017     

karagozian
France

Don �t get upset about this silly rating system or about this sad clicker. We all know your work is fabulous. You are a STAR !

20 Mar 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Sylvie, your contributions are marvellous. Thank you for sharing them with us. 

20 Mar 2017     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Sylvie,

You have earned nearly 120 THOUSAND points, and this sad/careless/unthinking/???? person says that your work is BAD? Which planet is he/she from?

If it is any consolation to you:

I am British English. My mother-tongue is English. I have taught ESOL at every Level for 25 years to numerous students from all over the world.
Recently, in class, when I was in conversation with a girl-student from, (an un-named country), she said something to me.

It was a jumble of undecipherable noises. There was no sound, no pronunciation, and no vocabulary which I could recognise. Not ONE word!

I politely asked her to repeat, and again, repeat. After her third attempt, I very apologetically said to her: "I �m sorry, I don �t know what you �re saying!

Her response?

"What �s the matter? Can you not understand ENGLISH?"

Unfortunately, there are some people in the world who think that they are very intelligent, but that everyone else is stupid.

Best Wishes!

Les

20 Mar 2017     

Jayho
Australia

Les, that�s hilarious!

Sylvie, don�t let it get you down. We all know how star-tastic you are and the countless star-tastic contributions that you generously upload for all of us to use. You are the star!

Cheers

Jayho 

Image result for animated cat stars

20 Mar 2017     

yanogator
United States

Great little story, Les. Or, as your student would say, "Mpdd  mzeeiwxitw qzqileoa"

Bruce 

20 Mar 2017     

spied-d-aignel
France

Thanks all for your warming words,Jayho I love cat star:)))))Hugs Sylvie

20 Mar 2017     

kohai
Latvia

Dear Sylvie,
You are a Master! Don�t let that ONE stupid rating upset you! You know yourself (and everybody here knows!) that no one NORMAL person would rate your wss as bad! You are making this world better by sharing your work so generously. NEVER doubt about it! Unfourtunately NOBODY can change ALL the world and each single person in it... but it shouldn�t keep us away from doing our best. THANK YOU for being one of those whom it is worth to follow and learn from!
Best,
kohai 

20 Mar 2017     

inmaaa86
Spain

Those people who dare saying your work is bad are jelous of you. You are great, don �t forget that and everybody here knows  it. In the world there are good and bad people, Ignore the last ones. Thank so much for your gorgeous contributions!!

21 Mar 2017     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I really don �t know why we should have this rating system. It really doesn �t add something positive. The judgement is so subjective. I can find something great because I need it and an other member might find it poor. So let �s just ignore the rating.!

21 Mar 2017     

1    2    Next >