Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Help me, please!!!!1    

Help me, please!!!!1

mabevi
Chile

Help me, please!!!!1

Hi friends, Hi colleagues!!!
Can you say me how do you write in ENGLISH the structure of a class? I mean in Spanish are:
Inicio de la clase,
desarrollo de la clase y
final de la clase. 

Thank you very much for your answer. 

29 Mar 2017      

paolap713
Colombia

Begining of class

Development of class

End of Class 

29 Mar 2017     

yanogator
United States

I don �t think we have "official" terms. I agree with paola about Beginning of the class and End of the class. I don �t think I would use "development of the class", though. That �s just a translation of "desarrollo".  I would probably say "the class session" or "the class proper".

Bruce 

29 Mar 2017     

patriciaperez
Argentina

I will say, warm up, follow up and close up. The three parts of the class. Hope is useful!!!

29 Mar 2017     

javierojedac
Chile

What I use is

Engage stage
Study stage
Activate stage 

29 Mar 2017     

giovi26_26
Peru

What I use is

Begininig:

Process
Ending 

29 Mar 2017     

douglas
United States

I �m with Bruce in that we don�t really have any official names for the different portions of a class.  I usually use the same terms as for writing an essay or giving a speech:

Introduction
Main point I
Main point II
Conclusion

Edit: the main points together could also be called "the body"

30 Mar 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Starter, main part of the lesson, plenary. 

30 Mar 2017     

FrauSue
France

I agree with Cunliffe. In UK teacher training, we are taught to do starter, main, plenary. The "main" is composed of several stages (exposition, practice, reinforcement, independent work, etc.) but you can just call it "main" on a lesson plan then sub-divide it into bullet points. You may have mini-plenaries as part of the main session to check that everyone has understood before you move on.

31 Mar 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

..And there are those wags who say to the class: Now that you �ve had your starter and your main course, let�s see what I can whip up for your dessert. �

31 Mar 2017     

manonski (f)
Canada

Here, we have preparing the task, carrying the task and reflecting on what has been learned/transfer or learning. 

31 Mar 2017     

1    2    Next >