Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Knowing what īs wrong with your worksheet    

Knowing what īs wrong with your worksheet

Atopy
Slovenia

Knowing what īs wrong with your worksheet

I īm new here (hi). I really wanted a house/rooms related worksheet and at the time it seemed I can only gain one if i post my own sheets. So here I am. :)

Today I got a message that one of my sheets was reported. I have no issues with the report itself. I was expecting my sheets might be to simple and basic for this site. As stated in my profile - I work with special needs and the program I teach in does not have an obligatory second language. But at our school we still offer the possibility of it. When I started I had no material and whatever I got my hands on seemed to hard and advanced for the kids. So I started doing my own worksheets. I always make sure I do not crowd my sheets with to much information (its hard for the children to keep focus and knowing where to look if the paper is all filled up). I do adapt em somewhat  (remove the mother language and so on) before I upload them.

But the report message does not state what was wrong with my sheet. I went over the rules a few times and still can īt find the reason why it was pulled out. Wouldn īt it be easier for the newcomers like me, to just state the reason in the first message? 

23 Apr 2017      

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

Hi, as I can see , your ws was reported because someone thought it was scanned or copied. 

23 Apr 2017     

Atopy
Slovenia

I see. Is there a resource listed from where this was supposedly scanned or copied? I would like to know since I do all my sheets from scratch. Meaning every line, drawing and text comes from my head and hand (except the fonts). Ofc I cant claim any originality...more or less everything was already seen and done.

It takes a lot of patience and time to make one drawing so in case someone thinks he/she has seen my pictures somewhere - I would like to know.

Since I īm guessing you don īt have the suitable programs to open .fla files I īm posting prt screens of it. In case you do have the resources let me know and I will send original files on your mail.

For future notice...all my sheets come in pictures. Meaning I edit all my work in GIMP and export it as a picture. And if something is done as a picture it doesn īt mean it īs scanned. And that raises another question. If I drew something by hand and scanned it - I can īt upload it?

Talking bout popping my balloon.

23 Apr 2017     

kohai
Latvia

Oh, no, I don īt want to see Tina crying! I think we can help her to find the balloons together!

I am going to vote for NOT removing your ws. 

23 Apr 2017     

Atopy
Slovenia

Bit rushed and lq but it gets my point across - TY kohai!

23 Apr 2017     

kohai
Latvia

Atopy,
Thatīs much better. :) Thanks for the balloon!
You are funny! Beginning with your avatar and first contribution here. 
And now with your last post. LOL

Anybody else wants a balloon??

23 Apr 2017     

FrauSue
France

Atopy,

I think your pictures are probably so professional-looking that people think they are scanned! Just write in the description of your worksheets that the pictures are all your own. Hopefully that will discourage people from reporting them, 

23 Apr 2017     

Atopy
Slovenia

FrauSue I guess. Maybe it just doesn īt make any sense to me, since I can tell apart scanned and drawn pictures. I mean if this was scanned it would be in a much much lq. And there is that transparent background that most of my sheets have. While if scanned u get a white background (or whatever background there was).

I wrote it in my profile, but you are right. Can īt be seen if you don īt click on the profile itself.  Thank you for the tip and compliment :) - I updated all my sheets.

23 Apr 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Atopy, 

Wow! If I had skills like yours, I would be a force to be reckoned with! Thank you for your good humour and your great worksheets. 

23 Apr 2017     

leaponover
United States

Kind of annoys me that people are so quick to report worksheets without doing any due diligence. Contributors should get the benefit of the doubt.  Unless somebody has actually seen the artwork in another book they should just trust the contributors.. At least message the contributor first like people have done with me when I missed a watermark or something else.

Some of the users here remind me of the soup Nazi from Seinfeld.  "No Worksheet for you!" 

I wish the site administrator would make that clear to people. 

23 Apr 2017     

Atopy
Slovenia

Ty cunliffe and it īs never to late to learn - as long as there is motivation. :)

Joshua yeah...at first I thought the sheet was to basic. Now all I can say is - the system isn īt the best. I mean...whats stoping me from logging in and reporting all the sheets I come across with? As I can see now I do not need any proof.

Maybe it would be best if only a selected few would look at the new sheets every day and act on it. It would be more work for the selected ones, but I īm sure this site has a lot of people who would be willing to do this.

24 Apr 2017     

1    2    Next >