Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Find and corect the mistake in the following sentence:     

Find and corect the mistake in the following sentence:

normandey
Egypt

Find and corect the mistake in the following sentence:

" However good law is , it must be forced by a legal system in which the public is confident." My colleagues say this sentence has only one mistake which is "forced" , and it must be corrected to " enforced" , but I argued with them that it has two mistakes ; ( forced and is) as the public refers to a plural, so it must be said ( the public are confident ) . Any how, I �m not sure. Therefore, I want your opinion about that. Thany you very much .

30 Apr 2017      

Minka
Slovenia

I would also say "a law", not just "law".
When it comes to "is", I have found this: 
The noun "public" is a mass and a collective noun. Unlike "people", it may take either plural or singular concord.
So "is" should be OK.

30 Apr 2017     

redcamarocruiser
United States

I agree with mInka on all counts.

1 May 2017     

Minka
Slovenia

Too bad I cannot mark the reply as spam. But I can write another one and your link disappears. 

3 May 2017     

yanogator
United States

@ Minka,
At first I was puzzled as to why you didn �t like the reply, then I saw the  link trying to sell something. I just hope that these attempts to make this site a marketplace are never successful.

Bruce 

3 May 2017     

Minka
Slovenia

So I was right, right?

First I was puzzled by the reply itself, trying to find out how it �s related to the post and then I clicked on the username ... well...
And yes, there �s the link.

3 May 2017     

daylelong
United States

Do you still need help with this?

29 Apr 2020     

georgeburkitt
American Samoa

Hello! I don��t know or your question is still relevant, but try to look for the answer on https://phdessay.com/free-essays-on/cultural-critique/ this educational site, maybe it will be useful to you.

29 Apr 2020