Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > fill the gaps exercises    

fill the gaps exercises

Pedro14
Spain

fill the gaps exercises

Need help to fill some fill the gap exercises my student has given to me for correction.
* Repeated hearing of words and structures and the encouragement to work them out for themselves - the text is referring to young children- results in rapid learning. They also experiment and make up their own new words. Of course, they regularly ____ up saying some quite strange-sounding and funny things because... (I would write "end" but I �m not sure)
* Every summer holidays I usually go to my grandparents � village, but it �s boring. I don �t want to ___ (keep / carry / go?) on doing the same old thing year after year. I need to ____ ( figure / work?)out how to earn some money so I can go on holiday with my friends. If I can work for a month, I won �t mind ____ up the first part of my holiday.
* We are always encouraged to recycle and reuse things, but at what cost to industry? Despite the obvious benefits to the environment, my ___ is that this is bad policy. One ___ (reason / point) for this view... On the other hand, if we recycle and reuse products more often, local businesses will continue to struggle because we are not spending. _____ reason for my holding this belief is ____ to the speed at which products become dated these days. 

Thanks in advanced. 

1 May 2017      

yanogator
United States

For US English, the answers are
end
keep/go
figure
giving
thought/opinion
reason (point doesn �t work)
The/One
related 

Bruce 

1 May 2017     

traute
Spain

Are you sure you are a teacher?

Mar 

2 May 2017     

Minka
Slovenia

And once again, Traute, there is no "like" button... 

3 May 2017     

Apodo
Australia

I agree with Bruce.  For Australian English, the answers are
end
keep
work
giving
opinion
reason (point doesn ´t work)
The (or one )
related