Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Which is the correct answer?    

Which is the correct answer?

falafel
Tunisia

Thank you Elle81.Don �t worry thanks to all the people here,Imanaged to identify the right answer.So, I have already given my pupils the correct answer :safely . Thanks again.

5 May 2017     

kohai
Latvia

Thank you, dear Falafel, for the question and everybody for being so kind to take your time and to teach us the correct option. It�s really great to learn from the experts! I promise, I won�t post silly(=any!) answers in future to any questions dealing with grammar. I did think it was possible to finish the sentence with "safe and sound". I know, I know, there even wasn�t such an option.:)

My special thanks go to Mary and Les for your amazing posts on the Forum. I mean not only in this thread but each time you answer to somebody. 

5 May 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

�I hope you get there safe and sound � is fine; actually, that is quite a usual, set phrase.  Now then Kohai, there was nothing silly about that! It �s great the way we all chip in on here and we usually get a consensus in the end! 

6 May 2017     

falafel
Tunisia

Kohai , your answer was in no way selly. I first chose the same answer as you and even a colleague has given the same answer too. That �s why I sent the question here so that I can have a correct option for the sentence. We always learn from native speakers and I am glad that I got all these explanations for my question that made me understand clearly the correct answer. So thanks for all who have bothered themselves and spend some of their free time to answer me. Thank you very much.You have been of a great help to me. Have a nice evening.

6 May 2017     

manoushka
Tunisia

Hi falafel I choose safely because you are answering the question how The way you get there the adverb describes the verb hence the adverb should be used here and not the adjective .

7 May 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Forced to choose, if in a test, I would write �safely �. However, the �safe � might be describing you, in which case that �s an adjective. 

8 May 2017     

< Previous   1    2