Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > cae report and proposal sample compisitions    

cae report and proposal sample compisitions

Pedro14
Spain

cae report and proposal sample compisitions

Next week I am starting teaching a student who is sitting the cae exam in July. She still doesn �t have a clear idea about the differences between the two compositions mentioned above. Could anyone who is teaching this level tell me which the differences between these two compositions are and where to find good examples to provide my student with? Thanks a million.

5 Jun 2017      

joannajs
Poland

In fact, both are similar in terms of layout / structure, they should both have headings, intro stating the purpose of writing etc. The main difference is that a report is kind of backward-looking (you are reporting what happened in the past)  while a proposal is forward-looking (you are making some suggestions/recommendations for the future). I have an older (2008) CAE handbook for teachers with examples of both with examiners comments (both proposal and report graded 3, so nothing fancy ;-) Write me a PM with your email and I �ll scan and send you these.

6 Jun 2017