Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > CAE books    

CAE books

EstherLee76
Peru

CAE books

Hello there,

I need some advice again.  I have been using the Target Cambridge books for KET, PET, FCE but they have no CAE book.  I �m not very fond of the CAE Objective book.  Can anyone suggest other titles for me to look at?

Thanks very much!
Esther 

13 Jul 2017      

ccchangch
Peru

Hi Esther,

My recommendations are these ones. However, some of them are not recent publications so they might not be update.

Cae gold plus maximiser and cd w/key

Dec 5, 2008

Grammar and vocabulary for advanced book with answers and audio: self-study grammar reference and practice

May 8, 2015

Complete advanced workbook with answers with audio cd

Jun 16, 2014

Common mistakes at cae...and how to avoid them

Apr 18, 2005

Complete cae student �s book with answers with cd-rom

Apr 27, 2009

Good luck!

Yours sincerely,

Carmen Chang

13 Jul 2017     

spinney
United Kingdom

Try this:

13 Jul 2017     

joannajs
Poland

EstherLee, it all depends on the amount of time you have. If your students are quite strong and they need a quick refresher, think of Complete Advanced as it requires fewer hours. Not all the books mentioned are actually coursebooks, some are more like grammar guides or testbanks (Grammar and Vovab for Advanced, CAE advanced Trainer). Apart from the one you are using now (which is pretty decent ;-) and the Gold series,  there is always Macmillan �s Ready for Advanced. It �s not extremely sexy but thorough, with vocabulary lists for each unit at the end. They have a series for all exams. 
On top of this there are also Advanced Expert (Pearson) - I haven �t used it personally; Advanced Result (Oxford) - I have used it but in my view it �s too easy for the requirements of the test giving students false hopes. But it has good dvds with sample tests giving students guidance of what to do and what not to do during the test, there are also handouts to accompany these. 

hope that helps :-)

joanna 

13 Jul 2017     

EstherLee76
Peru

Thanks Carmen Dale & Joanna.  Sorry it took so long to say thank you but our router went out and we had to buy a new one.  I will definitely check out your suggestions.

Thanks again!
Esther 

16 Jul 2017