Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > permission tag or circulation tag    

permission tag or circulation tag

Baadache
Canada

permission tag or circulation tag

Hello,
how to call the tag  allowing the kids to circulate out of their classroom. (with teacher permission)
Thank you 

23 Aug 2017      

Zora
Canada

Do you mean a "Permission slip"? (At least it was called that in my day!  )

23 Aug 2017     

Baadache
Canada

No, this is different. For example in my class I  want a student to go to the secretary, I let him put on a badge/a tag which means he is out of class with teacher �s permission. in french,...permet de circuler.

23 Aug 2017     

Zora
Canada

I �d call it a "permission badge", not a tag. A tag is usually attached in some way to an object (permanently or semi-permanently) - like a price tag, those tags on mattress or teddy bears that say "Do not remove", on clothes that give washing instructions, etc.

23 Aug 2017     

douglas
United States

We used to call them a "hall pass"  when I was in school (back in ancient times).

24 Aug 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

In England, the general term is �pass�, with the reason stated on it. E.g. a �toilet pass. � Or to be early in the lunch queue,  � early lunch pass �. Or to visit the library �library pass � etc. These are small laminated cards. Otherwise, one norm is for the teacher to sign the student �s planner, stating the time and the purpose of the student �s reason for being out of class. 

24 Aug 2017     

Zora
Canada

Hi guys,

I get the feeling it �s something they attach or pin to their clothes that �s why I used "badge".  

I �d also use pass or slip, however, it seems by the way Baadache is talking that it �s something they stick on so it �s easy to see and not get lost. 

24 Aug 2017     

Baadache
Canada

Thank you very much Zora, Douglass and Cunliffe, I �d choose in general: hall pass (the word needed) and badge  but to be specific I would take what Cunliffe mentioned. Thank you all,

24 Aug 2017