Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Teachers on strike    

Teachers on strike

Urpi
Peru

Teachers on strike

Hi colleagues,

Here in Perú teachers from national schools are on strike for more than a month now. What they demand is not to be evaluated in their performance in the classroom Now, I heard that the same system of evaluation (not exams) has been inplemented in other countries in South America, Can someone explain from experience?   Actually I do not agree with their petition, however, I need to be informed.

Thanks sooooo much. 

24 Aug 2017      

jacobo2015
Colombia

Hello, here in Colombia the National Goverment is applying that unfair "performance" evaluation some years ago, but the problem is not the evaluation , is how they carry out this prosses, I as a national teacher who works in a public school can say that all the time we are being evaluated by the headmaster , student�s parents and students and it is right because they are evaluating our performance during all the academic year, but the problem is that this evaluation for the Goverment doesn �t worth and they ( the National Goberment) are applying a writing exam where at random only some teachers can pass it, here doesn �t matter if you are preparing yourself making a post degree or master or something to be a better teacher , the only objective is to block the teacher�s laboral stability , in this way they pay you an unfair salary, among others rights that we lose. I want to congratulate all the teachers in Peru that are in this fair fight , keep on

28 Aug 2017