Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > book investment    

book investment

Pedro14
Spain

book investment

Hi there,

I �m in charge of purchasing some extra books this year in the language academy I work for. I �ve been surfing the net and I wonder if any of you have already used or bought these books and could tell me whether they are good investment or not.
* Timesaver for exams Writing for First (FCE) 2015 edition ; Timesaver for exams Listening for First (FCE) 2015 edition ;  Advanced Writing Levels C1 & C2, 2015 edition, Global ELT. This last book looks terrific but can �t find any websites where to get it from. 

Thanks for your help.  

21 Sep 2017      

joannajs
Poland

Hi Pedro,

I have Timesaver for exams Writing for First (also Reading and Use that you weren �t asking about ;-) and in my view it �s a pretty good book. It practises all forms of writing needed at FCE and various aspects of it e.g. when covering essays there are 6 activities devoted to it on various topics ranging from work, through transport, Facebook, crime to celebrities. The activities focus on expressing opinions and giving reasons, writing an introduction, writing a conclusion, choosing an appriopriate register, planning: giving contrasting points of view, reporting trends. At the end there are First and First for Schools exam tasks. In my view, this book makes a great supplementary, despite the fact that it �s not exactly a game format which I like the most. 
BTW I �m of a similar opinion of the Reading and Use book, but I don �t have the Listening one.

hope that helps  

21 Sep 2017     

Pedro14
Spain

Hi joannajs,

Your opinion really is of great help. I �ll go for them then. Thanks for your time and help. Have a nice day! 

22 Sep 2017